1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Site Assistance: Possible reputation..?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by carbine, Jan 20, 2010.

1. carbine

carbine New Member

Well, didn't find anything while doing a search for this so I don't believe anyone else has requested it.

Think we could possibly get a user reputation system going on here? I know it can be abused if people get irresponsible with it, but I've seen it do some good. Gives a small sense of reward for that encourages those to help others and can often discourage others from causing troubles.

In the few communities I've run/modded/been in I've generally seen user rep working out pretty well. Just my thought. :x
  2. mjs31

mjs31 New Member

I have also seen this before in other forums. One thing I have noticed about this forum is the small amount of trouble makers compared to other forums. I think most are here to help already and very few feel the need to harass.
  3. Sam

Sam Premium Member Premium Member

yeah, not sure that would do much here.. i say that just because there aren't a lot of really annoying people or spammers (they get immediately banned usually) on this forum.. i'll mention it though ;)
  4. BiGJaYDROID

BiGJaYDROID New Member

I kinda agree.. I thin a rating system would be good too.. but we kinda already have that with Droid Newby junior Droid Droid etc... even though that only goes by # of posts.
  5. carbine

carbine New Member

Thanks much! Don't look too far into it. Sometimes a website can be too bloated with features. Just an idea.
  6. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

Well we do have an infraction system, set up for those who abuse the system, but so far that's really about it, yeah other then the # of posts thing :)
  7. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I don't really like the user reputation. It's more like a popularity contest. You can be the most helpful person in the world and nobody gives you any rep. I've had it on other boards and I don't know, I always felt cheated.

Just my 2 Cents, I think the forum is fine the way it is now.