Site Assistance: Possible reputation..?

carbine

Reaction score
Well, didn't find anything while doing a search for this so I don't believe anyone else has requested it.

Think we could possibly get a user reputation system going on here? I know it can be abused if people get irresponsible with it, but I've seen it do some good. Gives a small sense of reward for that encourages those to help others and can often discourage others from causing troubles.

In the few communities I've run/modded/been in I've generally seen user rep working out pretty well. Just my thought. :x

mjs31

Reaction score
Well, didn't find anything while doing a search for this so I don't believe anyone else has requested it.

Think we could possibly get a user reputation system going on here? I know it can be abused if people get irresponsible with it, but I've seen it do some good. Gives a small sense of reward for that encourages those to help others and can often discourage others from causing troubles.

In the few communities I've run/modded/been in I've generally seen user rep working out pretty well. Just my thought. :x

I have also seen this before in other forums. One thing I have noticed about this forum is the small amount of trouble makers compared to other forums. I think most are here to help already and very few feel the need to harass.

Sam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
yeah, not sure that would do much here.. i say that just because there aren't a lot of really annoying people or spammers (they get immediately banned usually) on this forum.. i'll mention it though ;)

BiGJaYDROID

Reaction score
I kinda agree.. I thin a rating system would be good too.. but we kinda already have that with Droid Newby junior Droid Droid etc... even though that only goes by # of posts.

OP
carbine

carbine

Reaction score
yeah, not sure that would do much here.. i say that just because there aren't a lot of really annoying people or spammers (they get immediately banned usually) on this forum.. i'll mention it though ;)

Thanks much! Don't look too far into it. Sometimes a website can be too bloated with features. Just an idea.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Thanks much! Don't look too far into it. Sometimes a website can be too bloated with features. Just an idea.

Well we do have an infraction system, set up for those who abuse the system, but so far that's really about it, yeah other then the # of posts thing :)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't really like the user reputation. It's more like a popularity contest. You can be the most helpful person in the world and nobody gives you any rep. I've had it on other boards and I don't know, I always felt cheated.

Just my 2 Cents, I think the forum is fine the way it is now.