Sirius XM Android app is here

tribeguy1971

Reaction score
wheres the widget or app ?

I downloaded the app earlier but it's not showing up in my apps at all , only in the downloads file of xscope. How do I put a shortcut on my screen or even find it in my apps , i'm getting really pissed .

snappingfish

Reaction score
play it as it lays

sirius-droid-app.jpg

Sirius announced the new Sirius/XM Android Application is available today! Not a current subscriber? No worries, you can sign up today and receive a free 7-day subscription to check out this new satellite radio app and get over 120 channels of music, news, talk radio and more. For more information visit: SIRIUS|XM on Android

Thanks for the tip Garemlin,
Check out the ongoing discussion here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-applications/47816-sirius-xm-app-available-now.html

So this isn't available in Market? Then how does 1 know when app updates come available?

It may come up on the Market later on.

WHEN they get their ducks in a row, and get a proper app, available on the Market, then I might consider it. Not until. I'll be damned if I am going to pay for the joy of hours of screwing around to get an app to work that I am being charged MONTHLY for, as well as all of the home/car/car XM radios-services I already pay for!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
WHEN they get their ducks in a row, and get a proper app, available on the Market, then I might consider it. Not until. I'll be damned if I am going to pay for the joy of hours of screwing around to get an app to work that I am being charged MONTHLY for, as well as all of the home/car/car XM radios-services I already pay for!

Hours?? Download took maybe 1min, Install 45 seconds...Had it up and running in less than 3 mins tops.

issues636

Reaction score
I downloaded the app earlier but it's not showing up in my apps at all , only in the downloads file of xscope. How do I put a shortcut on my screen or even find it in my apps , i'm getting really pissed .

did you install it? downloading an .apk is different than downloading from the market. it doesn't auto-install from you. click on the download in your xscope downloads and let the app install itself. then it should start showing up in your apps.

issues636

Reaction score

Hours?? Download took maybe 1min, Install 45 seconds...Had it up and running in less than 3 mins tops.

haha. seriously. it took me about 2 minutes to get everything set up. the longest part of it was the "verifying credentials" which took a total of like 15 seconds. or maybe it was loading the channel list. i don't know, they were pretty close.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score

I found it, but the name of the app is Online, which is kinda dumb. I was expecting it to be named Sirius/XM, but nope.

navdoc1110

Reaction score
is this app worth the money if you don't already have a subscription? ,,, love howard .. but cant get this...but am willing if this thing is really worth 150 a year....

suggestions

issues636

Reaction score
is this app worth the money if you don't already have a subscription? ,,, love howard .. but cant get this...but am willing if this thing is really worth 150 a year....

suggestions

i would personally just pay regular, forget howard on the droid and just listen on a computer. i don't think it's worth all that extra money just to get howard on your droid. (not a fan of howard though, so i guess don't take my opinion too seriously, i don't know how big of a fan you are.)

navdoc1110

Reaction score
you need to pay the 150 just to get the bare bones droid edition...unless i am wrong...do you think this is worth it.....I am doubting it.....unless there is something I am missing

issues636

Reaction score
you need to pay the 150 just to get the bare bones droid edition...unless i am wrong...do you think this is worth it.....I am doubting it.....unless there is something I am missing

it's different for everyone. if you're just looking into it for Stern, i'd say no it's not worth it. i have a few favorite DJs on there, i also have 2 different Sirius car radios. i can always find something i want to listen to. so for me i think it's worth it.

plus if you're going with the bare minimum of online listening, you can't get Stern through the droid anyway. only on a computer or through an actual sirius car radio.

the best thing to do is take advantage of the 7 day trial, and listen to as many channels as you can. see if you can find anything interesting that you think you'd wanna listen to everyday. and decide for yourself if it's worth it.

REMilk

Reaction score
Sirius/XM app is misnamed

Sirius/XM app is misnamed so that it appears as Online, not Sirius/XM The icon is correct/

BeaverPuncher

Reaction score
So if you are not a existing customer you can not get the app for 2.99 a month its some other expensive price?

sroach23

Reaction score
So if you are not a existing customer you can not get the app for 2.99 a month its some other expensive price?
i went to sign up to see how much it was for a non subscriber and this is what i found:
Once your free* trial expires, SIRIUS Internet Radio service will automatically renew at $12.95 per month. Taxes will apply. You can cancel anytime.

if this is not right someone post up the monthly amount. if this is the cost, all i can say is rip-off.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i went to sign up to see how much it was for a non subscriber and this is what i found:
Once your free* trial expires, SIRIUS Internet Radio service will automatically renew at $12.95 per month. Taxes will apply. You can cancel anytime.

if this is not right someone post up the monthly amount. if this is the cost, all i can say is rip-off.

12.95 is correct and if you think it's a rip off there is nothing saying you have to subscribe.

Reaction score
13 a month isn't bad. I had XM a few years ago when I drove a lot and it was great. I'm going to give the trial a, well trial, and if I like/use it as much then I will probably get the subscription. I just wish the signal was better.