Sipdroid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Hamada, Mar 9, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. Hamada

Hamada New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok I am new to this so please bear that in mind. I am traveling overseas in a couple of days and have been trying to install sipdroid on my Nexus 1 to make free calls back to the US by using wifi instead of overseas carriers (very expensive) and save myself and family some dough.

I searched on the internet and followed instructions to open sip account with smsdiscount.com, open and account with pbxes.com and finally download the sipdroid application to my phone. Everything works nice until I open the sipdroid application on my smartphone and it requests to put an address. No matter what I put it keeps saying " no suitable data network available" and I just cannot figure what is going on. I checked my wifi, it is working fine (I can browse) but I could not even find a solution by googling the phrase.

I really am desperate and need this done before I leave in a couple of days, well less. I do not have Gizmo5, so that is not an option. I do have a googlevoice number.

Your help guys is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  2. kodiak799

kodiak799 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +268
    Follow these instructions. I'm using google voice ($2 for invite of Ebay) sipgate and sipsorcery. You will need to connect your Droid with sipgate, then add those credentials to your sipsorcery account. Finally, in sipdroid you will use the username and password from those sipgate credentials. Server is sipgate.com, everything else is blank. No need to use pbex.

Oh, I'm using google voice as well, so I get free VoIP over WiFi (and 3G, provided you are not roaming internationally with 3G).

Unlimited Free Calling with Google Voice - Google Docs
  3. Hamada

Hamada New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    The problem is that I cannot get sipdroid to function in my Nexus 1 cell phone, every time I try to add address, it just tells me there is no suitable network connection. So my problem is getting the sipdroid to function properly I guess on my phone.

I am not sure if it is a setting thing or what?

Thanks for your prompt response, but I guess that will not solve my problem. Thanks again anyways.
  4. Yakuzagang5

Yakuzagang5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So why dont you go to a NEXUS ONE forum? not trying to be mean but this definitely NOWHERE says NexusOne forum at all....
  5. MNTNBKR

MNTNBKR Member

Ratings:
    +2
    There are settings within sipdroid that will enable / disable different types of data networks. Menu>settings>call options

Make sure 3G and WLAN are checked.
Search tags for this page
no suitable data network available
no suitable data network available sipdroid

sipdroid no suitable data network

sipdroid no suitable data network available

sipdroid no suitable network
sipdroid no suitable network available
sipdroid registration timeout
sipdroid timeout
sipdroid won't register
sipdroid wont register