Sipdroid

ameir

Reaction score
I recently downloaded the sipdroid app went to the site signed up and still everytime i try to make a call nothing happens it says calling for a 1min 30sec then call ended plz help

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

DroidJT

Reaction score
I recently downloaded the sipdroid app went to the site signed up and still everytime i try to make a call nothing happens it says calling for a 1min 30sec then call ended plz help

If you're using Sipgate (as the voip service) with Sipdroid (as the client), then you will see that outgoing calls are not permitted through sipgate on the free plan(?). There are guides to try and get around that but in the end it is confusing as hell. It's definitely possible and I knocked out a couple of calls using one method. Give it a shot:
Never Run Out of Minutes Again: Make Free VoIP Calls on Android Phones - How-To Geek

Good luck!

Last edited:

paulhusker

Reaction score

Ameir, when you have sipdroid open, hit settings, at the top hit "SIP Account". Scrolling down, you should see "Use WLAN" default checked. There are also options for "Use 3G". To use the WLAN, you must have WiFi enabled on your Droid. This turns on a green light on the top of my phone. When I call a number, it then brings up a box saying it's dialing. It's a message box different from when I'm NOT using Sipdroid. I'm guessing it's now using data via wifi or 3G because it shows info like the following "0% lost, 0% late, (>203 ms) G722 HD Voice (64kbit)". Am I correct?

PTTD

Reaction score
Hi,
I have installed and uninstalled SipDroid. I keep getting the red failed notification. It appears that I have a problem when I install and it appears I have a problem with one or more of my paswords.
Anyway to start from scratch? Or ideas on how to reslove?

paulhusker

Reaction score
Hi,
I have installed and uninstalled SipDroid. I keep getting the red failed notification. It appears that I have a problem when I install and it appears I have a problem with one or more of my paswords.
Anyway to start from scratch? Or ideas on how to reslove?

Did you go through the pboxes setup? All you should have to do is enter your phone's gmail password. Make sure wifi is turned on and it makes a wifi connection to a network. Then a green light will show up at the top of your screen. When you dial a #, it will then dial it via Sipdroid. Hope that helps. (I, also, may be wrong but I'm pretty sure that's how it works)

Anybody else have any feedback on this app's use?

Thanks!

PTTD

Reaction score
fix it

Hi,
Having entered my wrong password (actually missed an initial capitalization) I had to back out and delete everything - especially the PBX account. After that it worked perfectly. Now the real test is to try it outside the US.