Since the update, a problem...

shane1v

Reaction score
Calls often drop now. and I often get a banner across the top that reads,"no internet connection available".

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Did you dial *228 and choose option # 2 since you updated? If not, do that and see if your problem doesn't go away.

OP
S

shane1v

Reaction score
Did you dial *228 and choose option # 2 since you updated? If not, do that and see if your problem doesn't go away.

I did not. I'll do that.

What does this do?

OP
S

shane1v

Reaction score
Is is updating a PRL (preferred roaming list), which some claim has helped improve problems like the ones you're having.

ok, thanks. Doesn't sound like this will help my other problem- crap reception in my house

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
Is is updating a PRL (preferred roaming list), which some claim has helped improve problems like the ones you're having.

ok, thanks. Doesn't sound like this will help my other problem- crap reception in my house

Probably not, but you might as well give it a try. Verizon offers a femtocell (Femtocells are compact wireless base stations that boost cellular signals indoors to provide enhanced coverage up to 5,000 square feet), which is supposed to be like having a cell tower in your house. If I remember correctly, they are expensive and probably not worth it.