since rooting and putting on CM7 I randomly don't receive texts

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by oresteez, May 7, 2011.

1. oresteez

oresteez New Member

I recently rooted my phone and loaded the newly stable CM7 onto my Moto Droid 1.
    Everything has been running fine, or so I thought.

My friends are now wondering why I'm not replying to their texts...well...that's because I'm not receiving them. Its very intermittent...we could trade 5 or 10 texts, and then I might not receive the 11th. Someone else could text me twice and I won't get them, but then I'll get the third.

I'm not using any extra messaging program..just the one that comes with the phone.

any ideas? I'm considering just going back to stock...or just trying a different rom altogether...not sure what to do.
  2. Brainiac v3

Brainiac v3 New Member

I too have been having overall issues with the CM7.0.2 build on my D1. Random missed texts. I also have issues selecting the text option from my contacts pop up menu.
    What build of CM7 are you using?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. oresteez

oresteez New Member

i'm using 7.0.2 also.
    I had this problem using 7.0.0 RC4 also...

I just noticed there is now a 7.0.3...
  4. Mindflayer

Mindflayer New Member

This is a little off topic, but is there a cyanogen mod (stable) for the thunderbolt yet? If so, where can i find it?

Swyped from my thunderbolt using DroidForums
  5. Brainiac v3

Brainiac v3 New Member

For me the most stable build was RC 7.0.2. Ill have to try CM7.0.3 stable... I have to hold onto a few texts for a while though.

6. Brainiac v3

Brainiac v3 New Member

Have you used ROM manager to look for current builds? Otherwise I would check their site, I thought they only had the RC's out.

7. oresteez

oresteez New Member

i just noticed 7.0.3 and manually downloaded it..i'm going to flash it probably within the hour.
  8. Natey2

Natey2 Active Member

Is there a "known issues" list with CM7? Some software apps include such a list so that users will know ahead of time if a particular issue exists on a particular version.

Don't mind me popping in and out of these forums ... I'm collecting a general list of issues rooted users run into that they might not have been prepared for.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app
  9. jev

jev Member

The missing text issue is a gingerbread thing, the way it manages memory I think. Go into setting/cyanogenmodsettings/performance and scroll down and choose lock messaging app in memory.
  10. VonKapff

VonKapff New Member

I've had the same issue with 7.0.2, been using 7.0.3 for about a week and it does not seem as bad.
  11. Keezie

Keezie New Member

i was experiencing the same thing with 7.0.2. I recently reverted back to CM6 until it's hopefully fixed

Locking the messaging app in memory doesn't work either btw
  12. Artimis

Artimis New Member

Locking the messaging app in memory helps. Running Launcher Pro actually helps too because of the notification badge that you can put on the dock. Even if the phone doesn't alert you of a new message, the notification badge appears.

I am also playing around with the new supercharger script from the thread "Droid slowing to a halt". It is a bit different then using an automemory manager like autokiller or min free in that it seems to adjust the grouings in addition to the slots. So far it seems to be helping a lot as well.
  13. savini72

savini72 New Member

i have the same problem with the not receiveing texts. i reboot my phone and i get all of them in a lump sum, even sometimes my texts dont send from anywhere to 5 minutes to 3 days. i am sending random texts to people that are a good couple days old. its ticking me off....... on a D1
  14. famac!

famac! New Member

For me it was email notifications that were not coming through. I updated to 7.03 and while it seemed better, emails again stopped flowing today. I am now running Chevy's 1.2 low kernel to see if it helps any.
  15. googlelover

googlelover New Member

Okay people, I had the same problem as you before, what the problem is, is that our phones don't have enough memory to run gingerbread without important apps closing, such as if you open the browser, the launcher will get killed, or in this case you open a memory intensive app and it kills the messaging app, oh no! Well what I did to fix this is I went and flashed primes De-primed kernal, went into settings-Cyanogenmod settings-Performance, turned off surface dithering, turned on purging of assets, turned compcache to 26% (varies from phone to phone), locked home in memory, then (only if you use the stock messaging app) locked messaging in memory, turned Vm heap size up to 40, then went to the market downloaded swapper2, set that to 32mb swap file, set to 10 swappiness. I've noticed swapper2 doesn't quite work if you try and use it, it will glitch out and not work correctly, just reboot your phone and it should create and use the file fine. Pretty much fixed all my problems with apps closing missing messages.
    Edit: Oh yeah I also put the supercharger script into effect on my phone. Never had it run better
    Last edited: May 8, 2011
  16. kevdog

kevdog New Member

Supercharger script?
  17. googlelover

googlelover New Member

18. zeppelinrox

zeppelinrox Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Ya I still gotta clean that up :p
    But all you need to know is:
    Run it with script manager as root but first enable interactive and shoe input button.

I'll make a matching thread here when I do the update/clean up :p
  19. meishkov

meishkov New Member

Yea That supercharging and bulletproofing thread that zeppelinrox started over on xda is absolutely fabulous. The perfect thing that our old, outdated, obselete OG droids need to run smoothly and feel and act the way they're supposed to and use to when they first got turned on.

The last thing I haven't attempted yet is setting up a swap partition. Hey googlelover, did you create an actual swap partition? Or are you just using swapper2 and I guess the more in-depth question is, does that run as smoothly as an actual partition that's on the SD card?? If not does swapper2 Just create a swap file on the internal memory? And does that actually improve performance at all? I've heard of the swap partition working really well, but I've read so many things and I'm really not sure which is best, like ext2/ext3/ext4 and what not. And of course after that link2sd becomes useful, but I kinda don't want to format my SD card. I guess just copying everything over to a PC wouldn't take that long.
    The only reason I've held off is because I really have no idea which partition to do and what to do. I'm sure someone will tell me to Google it, which I have and leads me in different directions. Looking for some real world input from an everyday user of it.

20. googlelover

googlelover New Member

Nope, I didn't create a swap partition I just had swapper2 create a swap file on my card with 10 swapiness and yes you can usually obviously tell the difference. My phone before swap would instantly close out of half my apps if I went into settings and looked at the running apps, now I can play music, be on go chat, and look at those apps and have it them all stay loaded. and I've been wondering about being able to place a swap file on internal memory, seems to me it'd be a lot faster but I haven't seen anything on that yet.
Search tags for this page
can't send or receive texts on cyanogenmod samsung galaxy s3
cannot send text messages on cyanogenmod 10
cm7 doesnt get texts
cm7 won't send sms
cyanogenmod 7 not receiving texts
cyanogenmod 7.0.0-rc4#gsc.tab
cyanogenmod can't receive texts
cyanogenmod not receiving text messages

cyanogenmod not receiving texts

cyanogenmod wont recieve texts
i cant recieve texts rooted