Since Motorola X is getting 4.4 when are we?

floydfollower13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
Has anybody know when we might get it? Word from Motorola is the X is getting it in a matter of weeks. Since we have the same hardware shouldn't we get it about the same time?

Einsteindks

Reaction score
Any good Android user will know that we don't get updates very frequently. And even when they are promised or planned, they are always late. That said, I suspect we'll probably get KK around spring time.

fat-fingered and Maxx-ed out.

doogald

Reaction score
The lastest OTA that fixed the camera and other updates followed the first Moto X updates by about 4-5 weeks, and followed the Verizon Moto X update by about two weeks. I suspect that this update will be just about the same. This Google-owned Motorola continues to insist that they will be aggressive about updates, and Verizon said similar things when the Droids were announced last summer.

BlueLions81

Reaction score
I'm not going to download it. KitKat hides the phone dialer and have some stupid search pop up when you click the phone button. No thanks.

OP
floydfollower13

floydfollower13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
If that's the case I will probably skip myself! That would just be confusing.

Sent from my XT1080 using Droid Forums

R

RETG

You can still access the dialer with an extra step; no big deal! They cannot do away with a dialer, not everyone, or every company is listed; don't care what google says and you still have the infamous press 1 or 2 or 3 for different departments.
I'd be more worried about it screwing up the phone. Moto does not have a good reputation when it comes to major upgrades to phone software and in some cases, it screwed up the phone (Moto X for example)./

doogald

Reaction score
Has anybody know when we might get it? Word from Motorola is the X is getting it in a matter of weeks. Since we have the same hardware shouldn't we get it about the same time?

The Droids got the last OTA about 4 or 5 weeks after the first Moto X phones did. I suspect that 4.4 will be on the same schedule. The Moto X is weeks away. We are a few more weeks away.

Since the phone is working great on 4.2.2, I can wait until 4.4 is ready...

livinginkaos

Reaction score
The new droid line is schedule to skip 4.3 and go directly to 4.4. As for the dialer being "hidden" it is that way currently on the x . It's not terrible. Just take a little getting used to. I think they felt that the majority do not use it but dial from their contacts or recents.

Sent From My DEV X

doogald

Reaction score
There are great replacement dialers in the market that show a dial pad when you start them by default. DialerOne is one of them. IIRC, it is free. You can install it now if you want to try it out. I started using it on my last phone after having an HTC Sense phone because the Sense dialer would let you do T9 dialing (ie, I could dial my number or I could start dialing my name with the pad - 3664 for "doog" - and it would narrow down the contact list until just the names that matched would show up.)