Since installing 5.0.7, my Facebook contacts don't sync their status or pictures

Taegost

Reaction score
To qualify that (Not enough characters to spell it out fully in the title), not all of them do... Some do, some don't. It appeared to randomly decide which ones will update, when I set up the sync, and now it seems to be set in stone.
I have upgraded to 5.0.7.1, and I figured it may have to do with the Facebook issues over the last couple days, but now that's cleared up and it's still not updating.
Has anyone else experienced any issues with this? It did not occur prior to the 5.0.7 update, and I'm not sure if that's what caused it or not.
Thanks!

oshigeru

Reaction score
There's a problem with Facebook ATM. Verizon's confirmed, supposedly it's being worked on.

OP
Taegost

Taegost

Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was related or not, and of course, I install 5.0.7 the day before it happens ;)

OP
Taegost

Taegost

Reaction score
Well, several days after the Facebook issue is fixed, my contacts still aren't syncing properly, and I've noticed that when I set custom ring tones, it doesn't use them all the time when I get a call, it'll sometimes use the default ring tone :(

OP
Taegost

Taegost

Reaction score
Alrighty, got it fixed... Just spent the last hour at "work" searching on this issue and apparently other people have it as well... It's not an issue with the update per se, but probably because I didn't wipe when i upgraded from 5.0.6.2 to 5.0.7.
Here's what I did:

1) Go into Airplane mode (Not sure if this is necessary, but it was part of the steps I found)
2) Open the Facebook app
3) Open Settings
4) Click 'Sync Contacts'
5) Change to 'Remove Facebook Data'
6) Click 'Ok'
7) From the Home screen, go into the Phone settings
8) Click 'Accounts & Sync'
9) Click on the Facebook account
10) Click 'Remove account'
11) Reboot phone
12) When the phone comes back up, take it out of Airplane mode
13) Open the Facebook app and set it up again
14) Set up the Sync as before

Problem fixed!

STIDRIVER

Reaction score
FB is really screwy for me... the options aren't even there to sync.... I was going to try to uninstall/reinstall, but its not there in manage applications. Well... it is if you click "filter"... but then there is no option to uninstall... Even finding it in the market and opening doesn't give the option to uninstall (its greyed out). So, not only can I not sync, I cant even take it off my phone.... any ideas???? oh.. running Jrummy/SHIZ/LauncherPro

holeshot

Reaction score
Alrighty, got it fixed... Just spent the last hour at "work" searching on this issue and apparently other people have it as well... It's not an issue with the update per se, but probably because I didn't wipe when i upgraded from 5.0.6.2 to 5.0.7.
Here's what I did:

1) Go into Airplane mode (Not sure if this is necessary, but it was part of the steps I found)
2) Open the Facebook app
3) Open Settings
4) Click 'Sync Contacts'
5) Change to 'Remove Facebook Data'
6) Click 'Ok'
7) From the Home screen, go into the Phone settings
8) Click 'Accounts & Sync'
9) Click on the Facebook account
10) Click 'Remove account'
11) Reboot phone
12) When the phone comes back up, take it out of Airplane mode
13) Open the Facebook app and set it up again
14) Set up the Sync as before

Problem fixed!

Worked like a charm Thanks

OP
Taegost

Taegost

Reaction score
Stidriver - I believe there is a way to remove it using the Terminal Emulator, but I'm a PC guy so I don't know the commands, I'm sure a quick search should be able to pull it up. I know once you're rooted it's possible to un-install them.
holeshot - You're welcome :) I was beating my head against the wall for a week, it was driving me nuts... Took a straight 2 hours of searching to find that :)
I posted it in the Pending FAQ section, just waiting for them to approve it!