1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

since 4.5.605 upgrade directs wireless tether to a vz hotspot web page. How do I Fix?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by hithere, Oct 5, 2011.

1. hithere

hithere New Member

I need some help, here is the whole story.

My droidx was rooted with z4 and I was using easytether pro and barnicle wifi tether for internet on my laptop. My phone updated to the 4.5.605 on monda. I lost the root but was finnally able to get it back after trying several different root methods. When I tried to use barnicle wifi tethering, my laptop connects but it will only bring me to the verizon page for their 3g hotspot. I tried open garden but the same result. On both apps when I activated them my 3g and signal bars changed from a blue color to white, ,the hotspot icon aslo appeared in the notification bar. I then tried my easy tether pro but it also did the same thing.

I turned off my phone and took the battery out. When I turned on my phone the 3g and signal bars were blue again. I was able to use easy tether pro just fine, untill I tried open garden, or barnicle, then i would be directed to the vz page again. If I turn my phone off and on I can use easy tether pro no problems untill I try my wifi tethering apps.

Why is this? How can I fix?

Thanks for your help.
  2. REMilk

REMilk New Member

First I would recommend that you learn to use the search function of the forums as there are a bunch of posts on this topic.

My understanding is that there are at least three approaches:
    1. There is a "radio hack", search the forums for this phrase
    2. Switch to USB tethering; there are several apps in the App Market, such as easy Tether and PDaNet, that support this
    3. Pay Verizon for "Mobile HotSpot" service
    Good Luck,
    Bob
Search tags for this page

droid update 4.5.605 pda net

pdanet work with droid x 4.5.605
tether fix 4.5

vz.hotspot

why does my rooted droid x bring me to the verizon page when
www.myvz605.com
www.vzw605.com