Simply Stunning - Features Request

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by chewy74, Feb 24, 2011.

1. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    -Coming from UD I loved a feature they had in their settings to enable "Quiet hours" where notiofication sounds and vib would be silenced, but phone calls would still ring through

-being a constant "flasher" (not that kind) I try a lot of themes and some require tweaking colors of the notification text or other setings. is there a way to setup profiles for these settings in chevy tools and back them up? so you can switch back and fourth easily without having to set up your colors, carrier text/colors ect each time...This will also be cool with the expected theme switcher app coming in 5.0.1

-a screebl lke function to keep screen away while held at an angle most common to reading or phone in use.

2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    #1 - this will be there in 5.01, via CM settings

#2 - only current way is via backup/restore ...

#3 - not sure I understand - keep screen away?

3. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    :palm: i meant keep screen awake

4. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Oh, lol!

Well - I could definitely code that in - but would need to know exact circumstances (ie angle, what app is 'alive', etc )

5. chewy74

chewy74 Active Member

Ratings:
    +16
    well, most of the time when a phone is in use it at an angle between 12 - 90 degree angle in portrait and landscape. so anything between o-12 dgree's it will see as being on a flat surface - not being used and allow the screen to timeout

6. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know how a PC can use a USB stick as cache to speed up performance? How a memory application can write to hard drive to clear RAM? It would be cool if there could be a way to put this same type of process in a ROM. My OG Droid has 226.0MB of memory and 186.04 is in use and 45.76 is free. Now if a ROM can write at least 25% of the 186.04 to the SD card then the Droid would have 45% of 226MB of RAM to do other things like browsing or games or anything.

7. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    FYI i use Android assistant to maintain free RAM. I also use Memory Booster simultaneously because of their different features they seem to compliment themselves. Do you have other apps you use that u might recommend.

8. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    That is pretty much what compcache is doing - using the free SPACE (not memory) on the phone and turning it into RAM - in a sense

9. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    WOW ok, well that goes to show how much i know about compcache or anything else for that matter about ROMs. I'm trying to enable Compcache right now and when i check the box it right away says "failed to enable Compcache" But then I go to disable it it say "multiple packages have been grant SU permissions" and it says "compcache disabled" so am I actually enabling it or am I doing something wrong? I'm not using the built in OC. I use SETCPU in interactive mode Gov.

10. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy when you said you could change the percentage of Compcache in data/chevyno1/Compcache do you have to just put for instance 10 or do you put in 10% is the % sign necessary?

11. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Just the '10'

Also - to verify it is running, type 'free' in terminal - if swap shows 0 - it is not enabled

12. tbone73

tbone73 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    swap shows 0 what should i do.