Simply Stunning Boot Animation help

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by Dregun, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Dregun

Dregun New Member

Hello,

I recently installed Chevy's SS and LOVE IT!! First Rom on my year old droid and I decided I would take a shot at making a boot animation for it. I would personally like to thank jrmdroid for his help in getting me the information and help I needed to get this completed.

Here's a couple of frames from my simply stunning boot animation.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  2. jrmdroid

jrmdroid Member

3. jrmdroid

jrmdroid Member

I followed the below link from Droid Life. It is still 14 meg because of the size of the png files.

How to: Create a Droid Custom Boot Animation - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Below is what I did.
    • extracted your zip file to a folder
    • renamed folders to lower case, i.e. Part0 to part0 and Part1 to part1
    • renamed your png files to remove the dashes and spaces and added an underscore after SimplyStunning. i.e. Simply Stunning-00001.png to SimplyStunning_00001.png (not sure this was needed but did it anyway just to be sure)
    • created a desc.txt file and put in the following parameters: 480 854 210p 1 0 part0p 0 0 part1
    • next used 7-zip to zip up the files using the instructions in the above link from Droid Life:
    • hightlighted part0, part1 and desc.txt and then right clicked and choosed 7-zip, and selected "Add to Archive"
    • named "bootanimation.zip" in the Archive field and selected a folder using "..." button to where I wanted it saved
    • selected "zip" in the Archive Format dropdown
    • selected "Store" in the Compression Level dropdown
    • clicked "OK" to create the zip file.
    After this I saved the file to my SDCARD on my phone and used root explorer to copy the new file and save over my other bootanimation.zip in folder /system/media and then rebooted. It worked.dancedroid
    Here is a link to the file: Simply Stunning Boot
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2010
  4. Dregun

Dregun New Member

WOW,

Really appreciated the help guys!!!

When I looked for information about this earlier I couldn't find much to give me an adequete discription for the text file so now that I have a nice template to work off of I should be able to make some pretty easy changes.

I'm thinking of reducing the image rez by 50%, I opened up the pictures I posted on this site using my phone and the droidforums app and they looked pretty good.

Really appreciated the help, the boot animations are my first step to creating my own live wallpaper. Would love to create one that has that mercury ball floating on top and then when pressed the ball shakes violently before it explodes and little blobs fall to the ground/table underneath it before moving back towards the middle to create the blob again. Kinda like a T2 thing, figure it would be a great live wallpaper for the T2 when it comes out.
  5. redoregon

redoregon Member

That's a pretty badass animation, very impressive first attempt. Will be watching as you improve it, thanks!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  6. Dregun

Dregun New Member

Now that I know a little more of what goes into a desc.txt file I was able to fix my animation..a lot!!

I noticed once it was loaded onto my phone that frame 39 was bad, so I rendered a new frame and that looks much smoother. I also was able to resize my pngs to be 1/2 of the screen rez so they are now 240x427 instead of the original 480x854 thus reducing the file size tremendously!!

Now the file is only around 4.4mb as supposed to 14mb, it also plays pretty damn smooth too.

So if anyone wants this Simply Stunning boot animation I currently made you can download it here. (I'm also going to update my first post to include the download)

bootanimation.zip
  7. redoregon

redoregon Member

Excellent! Think he could use a slowly pulsating LED in his lens or maybe the tip of his antenna? :)

8. Dregun

Dregun New Member

Yeah.. I know what you mean. Was thinking of starting the animation with the standard droid red eye and then pulling the camera back and showing it's the lens on the robot and then continuing the animation I currently have.

For the loop I thought maybe instead of the robot just standing there is have it tearing things out of that ball quickly...or something.

9. RoyR80

RoyR80 New Member

Johnny-5 :)
  10. redoregon

redoregon Member

The pullback sounds real cool. .. but be careful not to get too busy.

11. UltraDroid

UltraDroid DF Super Moderator Staff Member

One VERY cool boot animation! Thanks for sharing it with us. :)

-Mike
Search tags for this page
boot animation 480x854

bootanimation 480x854

download bootanimation 480x854