Simply Stunning 4.8

MNull

Reaction score
Should be out by mid week.

UGH...HURRY UP...lol

No take your time as to I'm sure your a busy man. Love the one on SS 4.7!!
Great Work!!! And looking forward to the new one dancedroid

Jvandyke13

Reaction score
New to the custom rom thing. If I want simply stunning v4.8 do I need to install a kernal? Or can I just install the rom?

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Sorry, wasn't able to get SS 4.8 done, my almost year old Droid 1 died Thursday (grey screen of death) :-(

Replacement from VZ will be here Tuesday and will get to work as soon as it arrives.

928Droid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.928gt.com
Uh oh how'd you do that ?

No clue, my wife got up, grabbed it out of the Desk stand and started to use it and had nothing but a grey screen (basically a "back lit" LCD screen with no images). Couldn't get to recovery, or even bootloader, nada. Only battery pull would turn it off, and as soon as you hit the power button you had a "grey screen" again.

When I mentioned the grey screen to warranty center, they immediately said "oh" and said no need for further questions, they would be sending a replacement...so obviously not an uncommon issue.

MNull

Reaction score
New to the custom rom thing. If I want simply stunning v4.8 do I need to install a kernal? Or can I just install the rom?

Install the ROM first then you can do update.zips for the kernal and theme you want....easy brezzy....:icon_ banana:

Joneser2006

Reaction score
928, I suppose they are sending you a D1? Was there any possibility that they would send you another phone for replacement?

OP
Cdjones187

Cdjones187

Reaction score
Uh oh how'd you do that ?

No clue, my wife got up, grabbed it out of the Desk stand and started to use it and had nothing but a grey screen (basically a "back lit" LCD screen with no images). Couldn't get to recovery, or even bootloader, nada. Only battery pull would turn it off, and as soon as you hit the power button you had a "grey screen" again.

When I mentioned the grey screen to warranty center, they immediately said "oh" and said no need for further questions, they would be sending a replacement...so obviously not an uncommon issue.

Not good, was starting to wonder! Hope you get a D1 and not the D2, but they would of said if they were going to replace it with a D2 right?

rollo69

Reaction score
@ 928Droid - sorry to hear that happened to you and hope it doesn't start happening to others especially people like me who aren't on Verizon and no warranty.

MNull

Reaction score
@ 928Droid - sorry to hear that happened to you and hope it doesn't start happening to others especially people like me who aren't on Verizon and no warranty.

:bump:

Any new news??? I've went back to 4.7 just to have this theme back and now we've been waiting almost a month. Throw us a bone 928Droid...or better yet...the Theme would be nice dancedroid

OP
Cdjones187

Cdjones187

Reaction score

Any new news??? I've went back to 4.7 just to have this theme back and now we've been waiting almost a month. Throw us a bone 928Droid...or better yet...the Theme would be nice dancedroid

Read his post's, his Droid died. Which delayed release time. He hasn't even had his new one for a week yet. Give him some time.

MNull

Reaction score

Read his post's, his Droid died. Which delayed release time. He hasn't even had his new one for a week yet. Give him some time.

Thanks for pointing out the obvious....was just wanting a update.