Simply Stunning 2.0.2 Release - ESE53 - (3/9/2010)

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
  2. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Also - I have asked arctu for permission on use of his Helix Launcher - if he is OK I will add it into the next release

3. deadfrog82

deadfrog82 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey chevy or anyone i downloaded a kernel renamed the zip file update.zip then placed on root of sdcard without unzipping it and when i try to install it says it wont or cant file problems i dont know and i pressed allow update zip installation after the first time i tried it. Any one know what i did wrong. fixed it had zip.zip on the end. Anyways quick question im still blocked from the ota by allowing update right and should i delete this off my sd card now or no?

#411 deadfrog82, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  4. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey Chevy, what browser is included in your ROM? I'm using SS 2.0.2 at the moment, and it has the pinch-zoom with the + - for zooming. I ask because I tried restoring my bookmarks last time using Titanium, and it restored the settings too, and the browser kept force closing on me, so I had to re-flash the ROM and do it all over. Now it's working fine.

One more thing, I have no idea why, but when I did that, I was running at 1.2ghz using setCPU. Once I re-flashed, I overclocked to 1.2 again, but I kept getting bootloops for some reason. So I re-flashed again and then downloaded the 1.0ghz kernel and it seems to be working flawlessly. No idea why it would work fine at 1.2ghz before I had to re-flash...weird

Now do you recommend the built-in kernel from your newest ROM? the 2.0.3 version, or you think I should snag up the 1.0ghz 5-slot kernel? Let me know, thanks. And nice work you got going on, much appreciated.

5. deadfrog82

deadfrog82 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    downloaded new version 2.0.3 and it seems to run a little hotter on 10 slot 1 ghz where as my same kernel ran cooler on 2.0.2 great job though

#413 deadfrog82, Mar 14, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  6. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Hey Chevy, have to say this rom is absolutely what I was looking for. Very nice work. Very stable and fast on the 5-slot 1.0ghz kernel. I'm running 2.0.2 by the way. Just wondering one thing...the battery. It looks like it goes down in like increments of 20 for some reason, no idea why. Like it'll go from 100% to 80% to 60%, from what I've noticed. Just wondering if that's just what I'm seeing or if that's what it actually does. And the battery seems to drain just a little quicker, I don't know if anyone else has noticed that, or if its maybe something that's running in the background that's doing it maybe. Anyways no big deal since I carry my charger with me wherever I go. Keep up the good work, you sure know what your doing. Nice job.

7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Thanks! In the framework, it only has images at 20% increments - until a new framework is created that could look at say 10 images instead of 5, I don't see the stock indicator changing. Seems the sensor can report that granularity, but the framework can't display it.

Also, I missed your post from yesterday - I am using the stock browser that came in the ESE53 image - no changes there. Not sure on the issue with force closes, guessing it had something to do with the settings that got restored ...

#415 ChevyNo1, Mar 15, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  8. r1nstang

r1nstang Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ill check it out once I get my phone to hold a charge and recognize my sdcard