Simply Stunning 2.0.2 Release - ESE53 - (3/9/2010)

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by ChevyNo1, Mar 9, 2010.

1. y0manda

y0manda Member

Ratings:
    +2
    How did you get swype working? I have tried a few times with the beta.apk and after longpressing input only the android keyboard is available.

2. GrandMasterB

GrandMasterB Member

Ratings:
    +3
    You'll want to go to settings/language&keyboard and make sure the check box is checked for it. then you can toggle it by long pressing the input.

3. y0manda

y0manda Member

Ratings:
    +2
    ahhh got it, heh thanks, I was used to just long pressing the input and selecting swype.
    Now no more reboots heh.
    Thanks.

4. Mikejl

Mikejl Member

Ratings:
    +0
    See you got it working already. Glad to hear it!

Mike

#400 Mikejl, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  5. y0manda

y0manda Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have another question, I installed this rom with the 5slot kernal, If I wanted to use chevy's 10 slot, what would I have to do? Will I loose some data again? I lost a few of my latest phone numbers on my phone, google never recorded them. fkrs. heh

6. meishkov

meishkov Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Yo Chevy, great job on this ROM. I'm diggin it. Got it OC'd to 1.2ghz at the moment and no problems. One thing though, I used Titanium to backup all my apps and what not, and I went to restore my settings from the browser to get back all my bookmarks, and the browser keeps closing on me every minute or so. I came from Smoked Glass so it had the pinch-zoom Milestone browser I believe, so I think it's conflicting with the one I got now. When I press the screen, it has the + and - to zoom out, and I can pinch zoom too, which I don't think is correct. You think I would have to re-flash the ROM to get it back working correctly?? What browser comes in your ROM, the stock one? Let me know, thanks a lot, and keep up the good work.:)

7. dabasher

dabasher New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Awesome job love the Rom I added the helix launcher it run fine so far.keep up the good work

#403 dabasher, Mar 13, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2010
  8. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +5
    Hey Loren, sounds like a cool ride ;)

Just putting the finishing touches on - nothing major, just the usual ;)

9. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Well, with all the glowing reports of the new CM rom, I tried it last night. FAIL!!

On my Droid, it ran hotter and slower than SS2.02!! It was hotter by about 5-10 degrees while surfing the same websites. In my opinion the short and long benchmarks were higher. I list that as opinion because unfortunately I use the 5 slot 1.2 kernel so I don't have a 1ghz slot to directly compare with the CM kernel. But it would seem that the CM 1ghz kernel should give benchmarks that were half way between the 800mhz and the 1.2ghz Chevy kernel and it did not. The CM benchmarks were much closer to the 800 than they were to the 1.2ghz readings.

But that's the good news!! The bad news is that there appears to be a slight flaw in the Clockwork recovery program. That is based on my case and three others that I know of. As with any real change to the system, I created a nandroid backup and then after I installed Clockwork (per the instructions), I created an second backup. I then installed the new rom and played with it for a couple of hours. I then found out that my nandroid backups were not visible to the clockwork recovery program. So I used the backup I had created with clockwork and it did not work. I, and the other three people, all got stuck at the M. Here is what I had to do to get back to Chevy Land (this is from a post I made on one of the threads where people were trying to get out of CM and back to their old roms):

Last night when I tried to go back to my much beloved SS2.02, I went into Clockwork recovery and tried to use the backup that I had created with Clockwork. The droid would not get past the M.

I then rebooted into clockwork and I selected install and reinstalled the CM rom that was on my sdcard. The phone then rebooted fine. I then used Droid Root Pro to install Flash Image (there's a button that does this for you) and then tried to use Droid Root Pro to re-install SPRecovery, but it did not work. I then manually installed SPRecovery via terminal emulator:

[FONT=&quot]Code:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]DO NOT TYPE THE QUOTATION MARKS AND MAKE SURE YOU INCLUDE THE SPACES (if you have 0.99.2b on your sdcard, use it instead of 0.99.3b in the text below)

"su" press enter
    "flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-0.99.3b.img" press enter
    "reboot recovery" press enter[/FONT]

I then was able to use my nandroid backups to restore.

So, the moral of the story is: You got the best now so stick with it.

10. briankeith513

briankeith513 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You should add whatever the latest Helix Launcher is at the time, to your next ROM. It is excellent, no bugs that I have noticed so far, and works with interactive Live Wallpapers, adds more features, and up to 7 screens.

11. mtbhk44

mtbhk44 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Chevy - when's the next one coming out :D

12. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +17
    Just do the install with update.zip method and you'll loose nothing, but the old kernel. Directions are on his kernel thread.