simply nandroid vs. advance nandroid

marcogiudice

Reaction score
i read somewhere on here that simply is the same thing as advance if u check everything off in advance. well i tried it. i made a back up one after another of a simply and advance, and when they were done. i checked to see if the file size matched to see if there were the same.. and what do u kno, they were different.. so how could they be the same? if something is left out of the simply.. well so my question is who can tell me what simply really does for both back and restore?

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Give it more than 2 hours.... It's a week day and half the country isnt even at work yet.

A Simple Restore always restores the most recent backup, where an Advanced Restore will let you chose which if any of your backups you want to do.

A Simple Backup backs up /boot, /data, and /system, where an Advanced Restore lets you select any or none of those, as well as /cache, /misc, and /recovery.

The Advanced Restore with all 6 partitions selected is the TRUE 1:1 image of your phone as it is.

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
Give it more than 2 hours.... It's a week day and half the country isnt even at work yet.

A Simple Restore always restores the most recent backup, where an Advanced Restore will let you chose which if any of your backups you want to do.

A Simple Backup backs up /boot, /data, and /system, where an Advanced Restore lets you select any or none of those, as well as /cache, /misc, and /recovery.

The Advanced Restore with all 6 partitions selected is the TRUE 1:1 image of your phone as it is.
ok thanks for responing! so by doing a simple is it a smart thing to do to? dont i want /cache, /misc, and /recovery in my back up, for the most part depending on what i want to do with the back up i understand that much? so would u ever choose simply? im trying to learn the exact the differences so i can become more educated.. thanks for ur time and knowlegde

Last edited:

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just do a Google search. I got the answers you wanted by searching "simple vs advanced nandroid". I'm sure if you do the same, you'll get all the information you could ever want.

OP
marcogiudice

marcogiudice

Reaction score
Just do a Google search. I got the answers you wanted by searching "simple vs advanced nandroid". I'm sure if you do the same, you'll get all the information you could ever want.
lt ken i did a google search of that topic and didnt find anything to help me with my question. you were of more help! please send me a link of what u saw so i can get a better understanding