[ROM] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

James_W

Reaction score
Lol. Mine as well have!

I even tried my old laptop, which had hardware issues and it was a no go. I mean i only resoldered the chipset 3 times in it.... lol. She was just meant for retirement i guess..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Ok, now that is epic. Resoldered the chipset.

Anyway, sounds like this is the ROM I'm looking for, I'll get to downloading and all that jazz. My Maxx will be glad to finally be rooted and Rom'd.

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Its not to bad really. I had to do it to a PS3 as well. Just pull the main board out and use a heat gun to melt the solder. Hope the ROM is what you're looking for man!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jaybogg

Reaction score
Its not to bad really. I had to do it to a PS3 as well. Just pull the main board out and use a heat gun to melt the solder. Hope the ROM is what you're looking for man!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Air heat? I was kinda wondering how you accomplished it. I have done limited flat package/surface mount repairs and it is a bear to say the least. Lucky if the board will hold up to one repair. Always like to hear of new ways to do things. You just use the risidual solder to remount?

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
having a few small issues.....
when using I heart radio, if a station is playing, if i remove the speaker jack, i lose all sound. i can't get it to come back unless i reboot. sometimes if i mess with it enough (turn the app on and off, etc) the sound will come back.
i can't get netfix to load any videos. i can log in, select what i want to play, but it just keeps doing the time out thing. i usually get a message saying it can't link up with netflix, but everything else can.
one request, can you add "Reboot" to the power off screen. not a huge deal, i just have to "power off, then wait, then remember, then turn it back on.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
man, check out that download speed.

edit: deleted the gif. was trying to be silly, but (to me) it looked like i was being a "D" bag.

Last edited:

El_Terco86

Reaction score
Ok can I get some help please I did fastboot file restarted my phone cause I really want to try out this rom what exactly is a OTA ICS 4.0.4 (sorry for the noob question) but I do know how to do most of this stuff I just need to know and what do I have to do to get a leaked OTA ICS 4.0.4 thanks in advanced!

El_Terco86

Reaction score
Ok I made alot of research tonight and I fastbooted now to 4.0.4 system version 6.16.211.XT912.Verison.en.US now all I need to know is what do I need to do know I tried installing on my phone on safestrap and when I try to install zip it just says, bad file so now what should I do thanks in advanced

weber3040

Reaction score
El_Terco86 said:
Ok I made alot of research tonight and I fastbooted now to 4.0.4 system version 6.16.211.XT912.Verison.en.US now all I need to know is what do I need to do know I tried installing on my phone on safestrap and when I try to install zip it just says, bad file so now what should I do thanks in advanced

Did you try to re download the zip file?

El_Terco86

Reaction score
Thanks Weber3040 I re downloaded and I got to install just fine thanks for your help!!!

ArykMeyer

Reaction score
My facebook contact sync seems to be messed up, it downloads everything but the contact photo. Anyone else experience this issue?

This is a great ROM by the way i really love it. I cant wait for the next update!

jjkohler1

Reaction score
Yes mine does the same thing and on some of the contacts even tho their is a name it still only shows the number, no picture on call or text.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
um, not sure what happened, but my phone blew up. all i know is, i kept getting a "Apex lancher failed" or something like that, and no matter how many times i hit "ok" or "report" the message kept returning. i couldn't do anything to my phone at all. i even rebooted 3 times and as soon as i unlocked my phone, that message came back.
i didn't panic too much, i installed a backup i had made. only problem with that is, i have 2 back up files, the orginal install of V1.2 and then one with all the apps i had deleted. well, the one with the deleted apps had a fail, it said "MD5 doesn't match". so i installed the orginal backup file and all is good now.