[ROM] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR Roms' started by EmericanX, Jul 2, 2012.

1. listenman20

listenman20 Member

you have the file on external sd? and you've tried a fastboot to stock?
    those things are the only things i could think of to possibly resolve the problem...i know yuo've redone the d/l several times but have yuo ever checked md5sum?
  2. autostadt

autostadt New Member

Yes, file is on external SD. I have not tried to fastboot to stock or checked md5sum. Thanks!
  3. elvyrorie

elvyrorie New Member

First off, great rom, awesome job on your work with it. However, I'm having an issue that I haven't seen noted anywhere else. This morning while using maps and navigation, the phone proceeded to do a random hot boot twice in secession before allowing me to continue to navigate. Then about an hour later it did the same thing again, two quick hot boots. It would flash to the flashing moto symbol for a few seconds the display the lock screen, and as soon as I unlocked the phone, it would flash back to the moto screen again. This time after unlocking it would be okay. I'm running simplex 1.3. Anyone have these issues or a possible solution?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  4. James_W

James_W New Member

I know this is a long shot, but are you using Swiftkey? It was causing me problems. No reboots, but a lot of force closes. Uninstalled it, and all is well. Which is fine, i really missed using Swype.
  5. elvyrorie

elvyrorie New Member

I am actually using SwiftKey, but it hasn't force closed at all. There hasn't been any issues with it so far. I do know that removing SwiftKey would be a no go for me. It's the only keyboard I've used for the last two years. Don't think I could switch to another.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
  6. south2087

south2087 New Member

Lovin this ROM, its jam up so and spot on so far.
  7. jkidd16

jkidd16 New Member

Just loaded up this ROM last night. AWESOME. Just a question though. How do you get the Facebook Contact Pics to show up on the stock ROM messaging app? My contacts are synced with them, but my text messages are not. Any workaround for this or am I missing something?
  8. injector

injector New Member

I didn't happen to notice on the front page nor the search function, does anyone know if Motocast works on this ROM?
  9. jmpx55x

jmpx55x New Member

Whats the battery life you are getting on this Rom, im liking the looks of this but im wondering how amazing the battery life, having a hard time trying to get myself to flash a rom instead of sitting on stock with root.
  10. cmorty72

cmorty72 New Member

Love this rom.
    Is there any way to get the regular Home launcher instead of Apex?
    * NM~durr on my part ;)*
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  11. mouten57

mouten57 New Member

Best ROM I've found for my RAZR so far. Man I love safe strap and the ability to try put 3 ROMs at once. Eclipse was my favorite but Simplex is smoother and sexier. Plus everything works! attention to detail is what makes this ROM a winner. And i love beats volume, advanced options and the power menu. I'll buy u a beer dude!
  12. EmericanX

EmericanX Theme Developer Theme Developer

Thanks man! Unfortunately through a chain of events i no longer have the RAZR... But Development on it is still looking strong! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
  13. roadpizza73

roadpizza73 New Member

I cannot begin to count the hours I've spent looking for what I believe and think this ROM is, a bare-naked ICS 4.0.4 ROM, not kluged over the GB kernal, but on the actual ICS kernal ???

The REAL question I've yet to find answer on this or the other forum I found you'd posted this on is this: is this tried and (praying here now) true on Bionic Targa? I note that the dev shows Bionic as his DD but posts as TapaTalk via Razr.

*fingers crossed* and so hopeful that I'm already downloading :hail:

rp
  14. roadpizza73

roadpizza73 New Member

Too bad ICS is abandoned on Bionic,

since for many it's plenty good enough, and is probably the pinnacle for this great device . . .

rp:icon_ lala:
  15. radu

radu New Member

Writing here to report that this ROM is working (partially) on RAZR MAXX GSM.
    Partially because it only sees the SIM card randomly (Error message "The SIM card is from an unknown source")and it reboots after a few minutes of normal usage.
    If there's anything I could do to help development for the GSM version please let me know.
    Identifying the process that makes it reboot might be a good first step, is there any way to log and detect that? I tried heavily underclocking it and changing the governor but that doesn't seem to be the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
  16. zeeboid

zeeboid New Member

Do you have any but do you have any advice for someone who installs it through simple strap but can get i can get it going?

First time I booted it hung on the red eye forever. Literally an hour. I rebooted and restored. but when booting after clicking through simple strap the screen just hung on a black screen before the red eye could come up.

Rooted
    Install Simple Strap 3.11
    Copy Simplex to SD card
    Reboot into SimpleStrap
    Wipe Cache
    Wipe System
    Wipe D-Cache
    Install (not in another slot)

Thoughts?

**UPDATE, Tryingn it this morning, after installing it says (when going to reboot) NO OS Found. whahaaa?

***Update Again. just installed it again after wiping everything but system. hanging out on the red eye.... has been for the last 1 hour 10mn.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  17. zeeboid

zeeboid New Member

okay okay, I think I have it figured out, you have to select a slot? can I not install a rom over what exists? I'd rather not have a partition. I dig having only ONE Rom. I simply don't want to go back to the stock rom after using Simplex.
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  18. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

Zeeboid. Simplex is an ICS ROM. If you are flashing it and are on jb, its not going to work.
  19. jakatak2

jakatak2 New Member

I just downloaded the rom, followed the directions, and rebooted. After the Safestrap animation would go away on the reboot, my screen went black and then turned off and rebooted again. I waited and it kept doing this about 4 more times before i stopped it. I tried to wipe the Cache, System, factory reset, and the D-Cache and tried reflashing it again in slot one and also slot two, but same result.

Simplex V1.3
    ICS 4.1.2
    Safestrap v3.11

PS: Please keep it in pretty simple terms please because I'm new to rooting, thanks.
  20. deduct

deduct Well-Known Member

Are you sure you are not on jelly bean? 4.1.2 is jb
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
Search tags for this page
droid razr simplx rom
how to install myfiles.apk
ics4.04
ics4.04 system apps download
outofbox.apk
razr simplex rom
reviva rom para galaxy s3