[ROM] Simplex-V1.3 | Ics4.04 |10/1/2012 | The Revival!

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
ok, i am now a big fat liar. the battery is acting just like before now. when i fully charged it, it shows 100%, the second i remove it from the charger, it shows 99%. i understand that the battery is still at 100%, and it's just indication. i have no idea what happened, it was working like it should. i normally get really good battery life, a few times, it showed 100% for a few hours after i took it off the charger.
did i somehow change some setting? battery life seems fine, i did a 12 hour check and i went from "99%" to 89% (9pm to 9am) and i was at stock clock speed.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
EmericanX,
i have one of those questions....
my wife has a LG Lucid (running 2.3.6) {not sure what other info you need}. the wifi tether on your rom, works great on facebook. her phone is not rooted and is using FoxFi (and the add on). her app will not work for facebook, but for any other type of tether. for some reason facebook just doesn't like foxfi. is there any way (after i root her phone) to use your wifi tether app on her phone? other odd question, would you have any idea why her phone has not upgraded to ICS? arn't all verizon phones on ics? it's just a thought that just popped in.
also, foxfi only shows 65mps while on tehter, yours is 72mbs, so something has to be different for the better.
thanks for any help, i know this isn't the proper place, but i hope you can help in some way.

Last edited:

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
ok, i'm playing with fire now.
i found this linkand i am trying to follow it. the youtube video is gone, but the instructions are there. i found a free SQ lite editor, and it works just like in the link, EXCEPT, 1 part. when i get down to "click on settings", i don't have a "settings" file. i looked through all the options in all the other files, and there are a few "wifi" entries that are close, but nothing for "entitlement check". i assume you did something like this with the stock app, so do you think you can shed some light on my situation?
i tried a few options that had a "1" or "2" and i changed them to "0" but that stock wifi app did not work.
thanks again,

also tried the google wifi app, didn't work at all. couldn't connect even though it showed "54mbps". firefox at least came up, facebook....nope. couldn't change pages on firefox either.

Last edited:

charklos

Reaction score
I may be overlooking something, but is there a way I can customize the lock screen? I'd like to give it a couple different apps to open rather than the phone or camera, and from using stock for so long I'm used to texting being down, so I bring up my camera every 5 minutes.

I'm wondering the same thing... I tried to replace the stock messaging apk in system/app with gosms and renaming gosms to mms.apk and the original messaging app to mms.bak, and everything works fine, except the lockscreen shortcut! If I go to the messaging shortcut from the lockscreen it reboots the phone. Any suggestions??

Thanks guys/gals.

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
i tried replacing the stock mms with go sms. if you just rename the stock apk with .bak, the phone will reboot if you attempt to select it at the lock screen. i didn't even replace the app yet.

weber3040

Reaction score
dang what happaned around here? its like a ghost town around here with tumbleweeds and everything....no posts in 6 days? hope everyone is doing well

doniago

Reaction score
I don't usually have much to say when everything's working right...and in this case it generally is. :)

I have noticed that my RM doesn't appear to be entering "Car Mode" when I attach it to my dock, and more importantly isn't charging. I'm not sure whether this is ROM-related, as I've seen a few threads which suggested the problem was elsewhere. It's not a high-priority concern as I rarely use the dock, but it would be nice to resolve it.

atsu333

Reaction score
I've just kinda been waiting on an answer to my question.. I want to change the icon arrangement of the lock screen, and was wondering if there was any way to do that. I've installed Google Now and want to set that as a shortcut, as well as move the messaging one to a more comfortable location for me.

Other than that, the rom's been working great for me, I've noticed a bit better battery life(though I think I should get better than I am, as I've underclocked the system as well), and have had very few errors at all. The only one that bugs me is about once every couple of weeks when I open Netflix it won't have any sound, but all I need to do is reboot the phone(and this is about the only time I do that anyways)

sh100528

Reaction score
this rom can't read uim card's IMSI code.or all 4.0 rom can't?

InVeNtOr

Reaction score
ok, i might be a tad slow finding this out, but i'll share it just incase i am not the only one who didn't know......
the sole reason i got into rom's and rooting, was to wifi tehter my phone to my ps3/ computer. turns out it wasn't possible to connect a wifi tether phone to a ps3, and that sucked.......
well here is the solution!!!!!!!!!!!!!
.....wifi tether droid razar maxx to playstation 3 (ps3) and Wii.....
(that was for google searches......)
all you need is this rom (simplexrom v1.2) and the use the already installed working wifi tether verizon app.......
it works! it really works! the app will connect to a ps3 and a wii! infact, i had them both connected and updating at the same time! this info should be on the first page in the description!
thanks so much for making this rom and having that wifi app work! AMAZING job! thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Just so you all know... my laptop died on me. Its been shipped back to samsung and im waiting to hear back.. so its kinda up in the air right now as far as getting any updates out unfortunately

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jaybogg

Reaction score
Just so you all know... my laptop died on me. Its been shipped back to samsung and im waiting to hear back.. so its kinda up in the air right now as far as getting any updates out unfortunately

Sorry to hear that. Haven't installed your ROM but following thread. You are the most prompt, polite, and obliging modder I have seen. Hope you get your machine back soon!!

weber3040

Reaction score
thanks for the update, I was beginning to wonder where you had went, maybe you left the planet or something i wasn't sure lol

OP
EmericanX

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Lol. Mine as well have!

I even tried my old laptop, which had hardware issues and it was a no go. I mean i only resoldered the chipset 3 times in it.... lol. She was just meant for retirement i guess..