Simplest method for returning to 2.1 from 2.2?

Manny2260

Reaction score
What would be the simplest method for returning to 2.1 from 2.2?

fwaggle

Reaction score
Following the "unbrick your DroidX" instructions, even though it's not bricked.

umx

Reaction score
is there a easier walk thru then that ?

umx

Reaction score
everyone keeps saying flash to sbf how do u even do that

hoodboogie

Reaction score
You need to read the "unbrick your droidx" thread. I am not aware of another walkthrough but that one is pretty easy. I also recommend not messing with things until you have learned more about them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You need to read the "unbrick your droidx" thread. I am not aware of another walkthrough but that one is pretty easy. I also recommend not messing with things until you have learned more about them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

i must agree. flashing an SBF file is the easiest way to get back. probably should get to understand what youre doing before taking the jump. makes it a lot easier when something goes wrong

fwaggle

Reaction score
i must agree. flashing an SBF file is the easiest way to get back. probably should get to understand what youre doing before taking the jump. makes it a lot easier when something goes wrong

I'd go further than that personally, I'd say if you're not willing to learn what flashing an SBF is, then you should leave your phone unrooted and wait for the OTA update.

I haven't been doing this Android thing very long (my phone previous to my X was WinMo and I left it mostly stock) but I'm a little familiar with embedded devices, modding hardware, flashing, that sort of thing... and I would say that if the process of bringing your phone back from the dead seems too complicated, you should stick to stuff the vendor's willing to support.