Simple way to root Droid 2?

tbone360elite

Reaction score
r there simple directions anywhere for how to root your phone and then what is the good stuff to do with it once it is rooted? (especially for someone not nearly a technical wizard)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
OP
T

tbone360elite

Reaction score
i dunno i couldn't even open the RSD Lite file. it wanted to open in windows media player and the file was nto recognized. i need serious help in order to do this. please anyone if they could walk me through process...

OP
T

tbone360elite

Reaction score
Droid Does, this was for a Droid 2. :)

Oh, and there's another method outlined if you want to do a manual root -- also in my sig.
which link is to root a Droid 2 manually and is it an easy process and can i go back to way it was before if don't like?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I believe I said that. Haha!! ;)
You gave a link to the D1 thread in it. Explanation aside, this is probably the best one to give people:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-hacks/632-what-root-means-stop-asking.html
;)
which link is to root a Droid 2 manually and is it an easy process and can i go back to way it was before if don't like?

The one that says "manually root your X/2/Fascinate". To unroot you flash SBF; simplest way to unroot. There are other methods as well.

doodles4u

Reaction score
r there simple directions anywhere for how to root your phone and then what is the good stuff to do with it once it is rooted? (especially for someone not nearly a technical wizard)
Actually this is a quick question. I have Motorola Blur 3g. LOL..only pics I can take are of myself. Where's the "view finder"?????? And, how do I update some info in my contact page?????? Am I gonna have to completely delete and then re-add????

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
doodles, please remove your phone number from your phone stats and put your phone model in there instead? Otherwise you risk spam texts and calls coming your way ASAP.