1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Simple ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by dadurf, Dec 22, 2010.

1. dadurf

dadurf New Member

Let me start by saying that I know this topic is overdone. And I'm just poking a sleeping bear. :icon_ poke:
    But this is a little bit different I think. I'm looking for a rom that I had once come across and now I can't find it! I browse/lurk a lot of different forums, and its hard to remember where I see certain things, you know? Anyway, there was a 2.2 Froyo rom that was minimalist. It looked stock, but I could load themes, overclock, and load a custom kernel, while still getting the original droid feel, which I like now with FRG83D.
    If anyone could point me to a simplistic 2.2 rom with all those features, PLEASE post it!!

Thank you all!!
    dadurf
  2. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

Far be it for me to call metiCk's builds "simple" (because they are top-notch builds) but they ARE simplistic. They are mostly stock, rooted ROMs that are just slimmed down for speed and simplicity. Here is his team's thread: metiCkOne - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

If you want to install a theme, make sure to get the DEODEXED version of whatever ROM you choose.
  3. Stelv

Stelv New Member

4. Stelv

Stelv New Member

^ metiCkOne looks good, I was thinking of trying that myself eventually
  5. lindel

lindel New Member

ShadowRom v0.2.2 has a stock feel to it, but would also fit your needs.
  6. infinity8x3

infinity8x3 New Member

It is good :) and it is the rom I think the OP will be happiest with judging by what he is looking for.
  7. dadurf

dadurf New Member

I'm in the process of downloading this now. Are there any screenshots? Or does it look completely stock when you first put it on? The reason I want this one, I think, is because I want to put the Kuro theme on that I found earlier today. :)
  8. Stelv

Stelv New Member

^ You have to use themes that are made for that specific Rom and Rom version. Kuro will not work unless someone can port it for you. Kuro is for the Miui and is very much different than a stockish Rom.
  9. dadurf

dadurf New Member

Well crap! Is MIUI any good in your opinion? I have heard of it, but haven't checked up on it much...

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  10. Stelv

Stelv New Member

I have never used MIUI but I know it was adapted from Chinese Rom I believe. The interface is totally different from stock droid (no app drawer, different lock screen, browers, dialer, etc.). It kind of has a I*hone look to it.

I am on Ultimate Droid 2.5 right now, and it has tons of themes and customizations but it doesn't have a stock feel to it, if that is what you are looking for.

Metickone has some available themes here:http://www.droidforums.net/forum/metickone/108007-themes-metickmod-theme-collection-benny879.html
  11. dadurf

dadurf New Member

Well. Ok. I don't necessarily want it stock I just want some of the nice, new stuff I got with FRG83D. Does that make sense?

12. Stelv

Stelv New Member

I was rooted before FRG83D came out so I am not aware of what the exact new features are for that build.

Ultimate Droid 2.5 is on FRG83D right now, so it should have all the features + many more. That is what I am running. I would recommend that.

Project Elite is coming out with v4 soon, but V 3.5 is awesome too and uses FRG83.

Those are my 2 favorites right now. Metickone's FRG83 also looks promising, but haven't tried it yet.
  13. Stelv

Stelv New Member

14. Jasonjohns

Jasonjohns New Member

metiCkmod is what I run.it is by far the smoothest & most stable rom out.you can get a few themes for it also.I have davros' ginger bread over it. If your looking for something other than "fancy toys & pretty's" this is deffinetly a rom you should try.
  15. DeadnotSleepin

DeadnotSleepin New Member

I've been using the MIUI for 2 days now and I really like it but I don't like the fact that it doesn't have an app drawer. MIUI was ported from a Chinese rom so of you get bored of the stock feeling it's worth a try
  16. Jizzylax

Jizzylax New Member

Bugless Beast 0.6.1 is a simple but solid ROM. I recommend it.

17. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

MIUI is sort of a love/hate ROM. Some people love it, some hate it. Some pople love it at first, then hate it (me...). It's a little iPhony (no pun intended...sort of). My experience with MIUI was...very glossy/pretty, but massive amounts of lag and it ran HOT (I tried practically every kernel ever made). Sweet freaking lockscreen. I would not recommend it for a first ROM.

If you're broadening the scope, here is my 4-1-1:

- metiCkOne's builds are the best for the STOCK feel
    - Liquid Frozen Yogurt is the fastest and smoothest ROM I've ever used, and it is customizable without sacrificing stability
    - Project Elite (PE) v4 is soon to release, which is very similar to Liquid's builds, so you'd better believe I'll be flashing that as SOON as it comes out! I tried PE v3.5 and liked it, but it was so similar to Liquid's build that I just flashed my nandroid of Liquid because it wasn't different enough for me to have to restore my apps and app data
    - Bugless Beast v0.6 just came out, which I'm going to try today, and I've heard good things. It's a good starter ROM. Very stock feel, but also customizable and Pete has been very busy working on V0.6 so there are LOTS of cool features.
    - UltimateDroid is SUPER customizable. It can change everything except for the color of your phone casing! However, I've had some stability issues with it in the past (haven't tried the latest builds yet)
    - Chevy's Simply Stunning (SS for short) is a fast and smooth ROM, similar in quality to Liquid/PE but has a very different build and feel.

Hope that helps you decide! IMO it's best to start with what you already know (stock-ish) and then get into the more complicated AOSP ROMs after you've had some time to learn the system and the pros and cons of the customizations you want to make. I'd recommend either Bugless Beast or metiCkOne's builds to start you out and see how you like them. They're close to stock, but just enough to give you a taste of the power of rooting :)

It's still a tough choice, I know... That's why so many people out there are practically addicted to flashing ROMs! dancedroid
  18. Armyof2

Armyof2 New Member

Gotta throw cvpcs Sapphire 1.1.1 ROM into this ring too. Hasn't been updated in a while but it doesn't really need to be it's stable fast and basically stock. There are quite a few themes floating around for it and with 2.0 coming out in the next week we should see a resurgence in themes being made for it.

You can get it here
    sapphire:releases:1.1.1 [CCRoms Wiki]
  19. Armyof2

Armyof2 New Member

You can move a folder into the tray to act like a launcher...or put launcherpro or adw to get the more traditional tray and still retain all the neat lil features it has...i flash it every so often but I always end up back on my sapphire build because of some lil issues that cause me headaches like my bluetooth going funky every so often and a seemingly instable wifi connection (signal strenght is n't good in my corner of the house i live in and it just seems to drop out of range sooner than most other roms)
  20. mountaineerndixie

mountaineerndixie New Member

Steel Droid is probably what you were thinking of.

Metickone, P.E. or Charity are my favorite stock ROMS.

Yup...Tapatalk'd
Search tags for this page

basic android rom

droid 2 simple roms download
droid x simple roms

simple android rom

simple rom android

simplerom theme
simplest roms