Simple question

howar1rc

Reaction score
Sorry guys, stupid question

Just got a D3 in the mail, my first droid...
I signed into facebook and it automatically imported all contacts. Most people don't have phone numbers. Can I add a number to an existing contact that was obtained through fb? I don't see how to edit a contact to add number, picture, change ringer.

Thanks for your help

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Your contacts are the same as your gmail contacts. You can edit them on your phone or on gmail.com. Looking at your contacts you shouldn't be able to tell the original ones apart from the imported FB ones.

No such thing as a stupid question. Stupid would be having a bunch of contacts without numbers so let's fix that :)

pigpen

Reaction score
what i find is easiest to do and did, was find a contact that didnt have a phone number from FB , and set up the contact exactly named how they have it on FB , log out of FB, set up the contact info with the #, and then resign back into FB, the sync will line up everything. the dupes were driving me nuts. Name, photo, and number ...

Last edited:

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think it should work the same as gmail contacts without #'s.
Select the contact and hit the menu button, there should be an option to edit contact there. You can add their number and other info there.
In the menu options you'll see an "options" button as well, that's where you can give them their own ringtone.

end of line...

Last edited:

pigpen

Reaction score
i always got the " this contact cannot be edited" from FB, so i set it up manually

aristoid

Reaction score
In gmail -full blown on computer; there is a merge contacts option. I don't remember where, but it's faster than manually editing them all.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

OP
H

howar1rc

Reaction score
problem solved

Here's the answer...

Create a new contact with the same name. THEN, once you have the number and name entered, instead of saving, hit that button that looks like 4 squares. You will have the option to "Join Contacts" It will merge the info from the new contact into the existing one.