Simple poll question

How do you feel about Verizon removing the tethering apps from the Android market?

• Good move!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad move!

• I can live with or without it.

• What's tethering?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dfuser312553

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you think Verizon removing the free tethering applications from the Android market for Verizon smartphones is a result of too many rooted LTE users overloading the network through the usage of tethering applications?

No 10charact

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I don't get why they did it. If you have a rooted phone you obviously have the know how to just download a tethering app from another source.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Posts must be at least ten characters long, so if your post is less than that you can add 10 char at the end to meet the requirement.

tappin and a talkin

Graymayre

Reaction score
The max time any rooted should tether is between 2 - 4 hours. What non rooted users don't understand, is our phones get Cooking after tethering for a while. Mine can get up to 110 degrees Fahrenheit before I decide to shut it down.

I rarely use it and only when I need to. Can rooted users please comment on how hot their phone gets while tethering?

Sent from Verizon in Phoenix, AZ, running a rooted Thunderbolt, with Lightning Rom v3.3.1 / Minimalistic Extreme Kernel

I noticed my D1 would get a little warm while tethering. My D2G on the other hand I haven't noticed any difference in operation.
I do travel alot, and because I am not home much, I don't see a point in paying for any home services that can't be suspended. Though of course I don't tether much, only what I would do on my phone anyway, just with the convenience of a keyboard. I don't play WOW or anything, just work and stuff like that. Though I did tether my PS3 to check out the network and test Netflix. It does still work, btw, even though you have to log in, you just hit cancel when it fails and you go to it like normal.
Also, does anyone have an opinion on the potential hit on the network when Netflix rolls out for Android? Because my wife uses it ALL the time on her iPhone and racks up considerably more data than I ever have tethering.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Z06_Mir

Reaction score
Meh. It's worth it to pay for the tethering IMO because now I can cancel my internet card once its contract is up. Until I root, then I won't pay. But hey, I use a service I'll pay for it.

Natey2

Reaction score
Do you think Verizon removing the free tethering applications from the Android market for Verizon smartphones is a result of too many rooted LTE users overloading the network through the usage of tethering applications?

Maybe Verizon is going to offer their tethering app in the Market, and doesn't want any competition :^)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

OP
L

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score

Maybe Verizon is going to offer their tethering app in the Market, and doesn't want any competition :^)

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

That's possible