1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Simple issue, simple fix?

Discussion in 'Droid X Tech Support' started by ThirdWheel, Jul 19, 2010.

1. ThirdWheel

ThirdWheel New Member

I'm sure once I find out how to fix it I will feel silly not thinking of it beforehand. For some reason the phone is not auto-correcting the word "I" when I text "i" it doesn't auto-capitalize. I checked to make sure the auto-capitalize function was enabled, and to make sure I didn't accidentally add "i" to my custom word list. Any ideas?

If this helps I noticed it didn't auto-cap a state name yesterday as well.
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Couldn't you just add a capital I to your dictionary? And remove the i from the dictionary.

I'm kind of having a similar problem. For some reason didn't wants to always spell with a capital D. I keep meaning to fix the issue but I never get around to it.

Edit: Got around to doing it, Settings/Language and Keyboard/ and simply respelled the word.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  3. ThirdWheel

ThirdWheel New Member

I put "I" in my custom dictionary but it didn't fix it. It worked for a while but just stopped for no good reason, it's weird.
Search tags for this page

android quit capitalizing i when i text

android text stopped capitalizing

how to fix auto capitalization on android

how to fix auto correct on an android phone

my android stopped auto capital