Simple issue, simple fix?

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
I'm sure once I find out how to fix it I will feel silly not thinking of it beforehand. For some reason the phone is not auto-correcting the word "I" when I text "i" it doesn't auto-capitalize. I checked to make sure the auto-capitalize function was enabled, and to make sure I didn't accidentally add "i" to my custom word list. Any ideas?

If this helps I noticed it didn't auto-cap a state name yesterday as well.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure once I find out how to fix it I will feel silly not thinking of it beforehand. For some reason the phone is not auto-correcting the word "I" when I text "i" it doesn't auto-capitalize. I checked to make sure the auto-capitalize function was enabled, and to make sure I didn't accidentally add "i" to my custom word list. Any ideas?

If this helps I noticed it didn't auto-cap a state name yesterday as well.

Couldn't you just add a capital I to your dictionary? And remove the i from the dictionary.

I'm kind of having a similar problem. For some reason didn't wants to always spell with a capital D. I keep meaning to fix the issue but I never get around to it.

Edit: Got around to doing it, Settings/Language and Keyboard/ and simply respelled the word.

Last edited:
OP
T

ThirdWheel

Reaction score
I put "I" in my custom dictionary but it didn't fix it. It worked for a while but just stopped for no good reason, it's weird.