Simple Black Wallpaper. How?

Xander Crews

Reaction score
Am I missing something?
I don't see an option for solid colors for wallpaper.
You'd think a solid black wallpaper would be an option, since that allows your battery to last longer.
I know I can make a black image file and use that...but is there another way?
If not...there should be. Not everyone likes busy or photo backgrounds. Some folks like to be able to read the text under their icons and keep things simple.

corki2

Reaction score
Nope, you have to download a black one. I read that your screen color doesn't affect your battery life on the Rezound. Not sure how true or is.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
corki2 said:
Nope, you have to download a black one. I read that your screen color doesn't affect your battery life on the Rezound. Not sure how true or is.

Maybe I'm thinking of lifespan of LCD monitors in that black is easier on them and tend to last longer with black wallpaper.

Seems absurd there are no solid colors to choose from in the stock OS...especially solid black. First world problems, right? :)

Sent from my HTC Android Rezound using Forum Runner.

acousticshade

Reaction score
From what I understand, screen color will affect battery life, but its going to be a very slight difference. Most users don't have the background up for any significant amount of time and are looking at apps, so the wallpaper type really isn't going to give you much more time. Screen brightness and live wallpapers would make much more difference.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From what I understand, screen color will affect battery life, but its going to be a very slight difference. Most users don't have the background up for any significant amount of time and are looking at apps, so the wallpaper type really isn't going to give you much more time. Screen brightness and live wallpapers would make much more difference.

Black or dark on AMOLED screens makes a large difference due to pixels use more power for lighter colors and 0 for black pixels but our Rezound uses LCD, which uses power to color pixels no matter what color.
I agree a darker plainer background is better for my uses so I made a black one using Simple Text with a 4G icon in the center only just to give it a little flavor it makes it easier for my eyes to find what app I'm looking for quickly.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from this Galaxy with Blue Tapatalk and a ZaggFolio

vatothe0

Reaction score

Or just cover the camera lens with your finger and take a picture.
My background btw, looking through the barrel of a Wilson Combat 1911. :cool:
46c783d6-46ce-40c8.jpg

HowardZ

Reaction score
free on Google play store: No Wallpaper
by simplicity apps

After installation, look for it in the list of live wallpaper.

exactly what you asked for.

Last edited:
OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
I just downloaded a solid black image and set that as the wallpaper. I think installing an app for that purpose is overkill...and if the app is running, wouldn't that effect the battery, at least a tiny bit?
Thanks guys.

But...I still think it's ridiculous there isn't some solid color backgrounds to choose from in the stock OS. There used to be, back in the G1 days.

Snoking

Reaction score
If you want a dark background, at least have something fun.

OP
Xander Crews

Xander Crews

Reaction score
If you want a dark background, at least have something fun.

The thing with "fun" backgrounds, is that half of the time, the icons and the text under the icons get lost in the background.
A busy background with few or no icons on top is one thing...but a busy background with a full screen of icons looks horrible in my opinion.
If I went with a fun background, I'd probably go with no or few icons.
I'm a graphic artist, so I am all about impressing visually, and I've designed some wallpapers, but always end up going back to solid black because I like a full screen of icons.

MJKneuro

Reaction score
There are some apps available that let you use a different wall paper for each panel - solid for under icons and "busy"on an open panel. One I used last year was a bit sticky flipping through panels though it might have improved since then.

drew96dawg

Reaction score
Download colors by tim clark it has lots of solid color backgrounds
Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

sublimewade

Reaction score
Take,a picture in the dark then set to walpapwr. I did that

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Take,a picture in the dark then set to walpapwr. I did that

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

I just put my finger over the camera lens glass, didn't even go to a dark area.

Support Our Troops! !!!
<><
From my Beano