Simple, basic, no threading, old school texting - it is possible?

MrTommy

Reaction score
i read it over an over and still cant save a picture sent to me, nor a voice message or sound

I know we're getting way off this thread's topic, but give this video a watch for a bunch of tips.

[video=youtube;QTHHFxMyk2g]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTHHFxMyk2g&playnext_from=TL&videos=ObRjUDICQr8"]YouTube - 25 Tips and Tricks for your Motorola DROID[/video]

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
That is one thing I hated about AT&T. The lack of threaded messaging. Makes keeping track of conversations impossible. Especially if you don't get a chance to reply for a while or are carrying on multiple conversations at once.

ttocsm

Reaction score
maybe im old school..but its not so much the threaded messages

my issue is the fact i havent found a way to save a voice message or ring tone or sound sent to me in a message, nor save a picture from a message

any help?

Doesn't the long press work. That's what I do to get it to save to SD card, same way to forward.

yeah i can get a pic...long press it but all that happens is the picture goes somewhat full screen...but no buttons,,no touch of the screen does anything other then the back and home keys

I dont meen to sound rude, but it sounds like your just touching it and it opens the picture in your viewer. Instead, touch it,, don't tap it, don't let go, don't move, just touch, and be still, for about 2 or 3 seconds. See what happens.

OP
J

jdubu

Reaction score
The downside is that threading doesn't always work well when the messages are sent from the same source, but have different "subjects."

In a social chat where people have different chat addresses this makes sense.

Linear chat where a business just needs to get updates like a pager it does not work as well.

If a server is down I need to see that text top of the list, and at a glance I can see long it's been down, etc., at a quick glance (not having to click the screen to the get to the important info).

On a given night I may have a number of web server events at a webhost, where the sending email address is always the same, the subject of each message is different, and/or the subject may be same but body text might be different (such as, server x is showing high load, server y has high latency in network, etc.), they all get lumped into one or possibly multiple threads.

So then I have to do digging through different threads because server x issue may have bits and pieces in thread 1 and 3, server y, in thread 2 and 3, etc.

So then I have a few threads with a jumble of different subjects or topics, making the management of different subject line or body information confusing.

There is a place for linear quck view lists, where responding is not always the norm, which is why I'm wondering why more businesses are not commenting on losing this respectively.

Thanks,
Jim

arapaho

Reaction score
Doesn't the long press work. That's what I do to get it to save to SD card, same way to forward.

yeah i can get a pic...long press it but all that happens is the picture goes somewhat full screen...but no buttons,,no touch of the screen does anything other then the back and home keys

I dont meen to sound rude, but it sounds like your just touching it and it opens the picture in your viewer. Instead, touch it,, don't tap it, don't let go, don't move, just touch, and be still, for about 2 or 3 seconds. See what happens.

i do do that...i get a screen pop up..but all it says it view pic..lock message..call num..forward veiw ms details..delete..speak text..copy attached to sd card...you touch veiw pic and the pic comes up but you cant do anything

LT*

Reaction score
Try hitting "save attached to SD card".

warrior21

Reaction score

i do do that...i get a screen pop up..but all it says it view pic..lock message..call num..forward veiw ms details..delete..speak text..copy attached to sd card...you touch veiw pic and the pic comes up but you cant do anything
Press copy to sd card, it works everytime

Eddie Haskell

Reaction score
Why wouldn't a person just delete old threads? I know that's what I do but then someone will reply to a message I sent 3 weeks ago and it all comes back but, that's their fault not mine:)