Sim Tool Kit

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
More information: it appeared and shortly after I noticed a new icon on one of my home screens called "search" pressing it opened a new tab in dolphin browser and went to something like infoseek or some website named similarly. I removed the icon and then went looking for it in my apps list to uninstall, thinking it was adware or something that came with a flashlight app I had downloaded moments before I noticed the Sim Toolkit icon. Couldn't find anything to uninstall, went back into the app drawer, tapped an icon for a different app and my RAZR rebooted, and then the Sim Toolkit Icon was gone.
Don't worry JP, it will be back lol:icon_ banana:

Wopback

Reaction score
It comes and goes. One day you'll find it in your app drawer and 30 minutes later it is gone and might not appear again for days...totally random with no apparent user action causing it to reappear. I have seen it in the battery usage display, but only once or maybe twice. Doesn't appear to be interfering with the phone or using a lot of resources. I guess the most puzzling thing is it comes and goes.

That's weird....just curious, do you have any data connection issues? (Minor or major)......maybe its got something to do with the sim card. Ya know how sensitive those things are....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
That's weird....just curious, do you have any data connection issues? (Minor or major)......maybe its got something to do with the sim card. Ya know how sensitive those things are....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums
I have the same data connection issues as everyone else that has reported (3g/4g disconnect at times). I just leave my Razr in CDMA only and wait for Moto to release an update that hopefully fixes that issue. A good 3g signal is fast enough for my routine use and doesn't use nearly as much battery. It will be nice to use 4g when I want to without the random data disconnect issue.