Sim Tool Kit

pilotrose

Reaction score
I have an unlocked and rooted Droid Pro that is not displaying the Sim Tools Kit application which allows you to access the sim cards special options which varies from carrier to carrier. I cannot see the app in the list, although it shows up under the applications manager under the "all apps" tab.

Can anyone see it?

Sent from my DROID PRO using DroidForums App

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
To add to this, I tried working around this by using an app called anycut to find the program and run it by creating its own shortcut; however, when I click the short cut it doesn't work. It briefly opens up a black screen then immediately closes again.

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
Okay, another update...

I put in a different sim card from another carrier, and after powering on the phone, the Sim Tool Kit appeared! It also worked properly with the sim card.

The sim card that wasn't working in my Droid Pro works fine in the Galaxy S I have, so I am not sure what the problem is.

So now that the sim tool kit was in the application list on the Droid Pro, I put in the original sim card that wasn't working before, and it says "could not launch the requested activity" after clicking on the sim tool kit app.

So it's still not working; however, progress is being made.

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
I am using my droid pro overseas at the moment and have had problems with the sim tool kit. When using foreign sim cards in my phone, the sim tool kit app doesn't appear in the apps list and sending *228# or similar codes to check balance or recharge does not work properly.

I have tested the sim cards in my samsung galaxy s and it works perfectly with them

Anyone else having problems?

rafeee2

Reaction score
Why would a foreign SIM respond to the *228 code? Isn't that a Verizon code?

OP
P

pilotrose

Reaction score
That was just ana example. the carrier I am using at the moment uses *556# to check balance. When I dial that code, the phone says "USSD Code Running" with the red circle showing something is happening, but it just stays on that screen and never shows the balance left on the sim card. My galaxy s shows it within seconds everytime with the same sim card.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
I just randomly had an app appear in my app drawer called Sim Toolkit and I am fairly sure I never saw it there before. I can't open it or uninstall it. What is it ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I just randomly had an app appear in my app drawer called Sim Toolkit and I am fairly sure I never saw it there before. I can't open it or uninstall it. What is it ?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
That my friend is a good question. I asked the same question over on the Motorola Razr support forum...the forum manager asked a bunch of questions... MEID etc and I haven't heard anything back from them yet...its been three weeks. I have observed the same thing...one day it is there and the next time you go to look for it it is gone. If you press on it nothing happens. Maybe someone on this forum can provide some info.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have not been able to figure that out or get a real answer as well. The gentleman on Moto's site acted a little surprised and was quite interested in the subject but like the poster above stated he hasn't said anything in a few weeks. I've had it since day 1 btw. It stays and never goes away.

Sent from Droid RAZR

Wopback

Reaction score
Its a built in app for the sim card. It helps the phone connect with the network.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Wopback

Reaction score
Its a built in app for the sim card. It helps the phone connect with the network.

It shouldn't keep running though. Is it effecting the performance of your phone?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
It shouldn't keep running though. Is it effecting the performance of your phone?

It comes and goes. One day you'll find it in your app drawer and 30 minutes later it is gone and might not appear again for days...totally random with no apparent user action causing it to reappear. I have seen it in the battery usage display, but only once or maybe twice. Doesn't appear to be interfering with the phone or using a lot of resources. I guess the most puzzling thing is it comes and goes.

JP 5.56

Reaction score
More information: it appeared and shortly after I noticed a new icon on one of my home screens called "search" pressing it opened a new tab in dolphin browser and went to something like infoseek or some website named similarly. I removed the icon and then went looking for it in my apps list to uninstall, thinking it was adware or something that came with a flashlight app I had downloaded moments before I noticed the Sim Toolkit icon. Couldn't find anything to uninstall, went back into the app drawer, tapped an icon for a different app and my RAZR rebooted, and then the Sim Toolkit Icon was gone.