SIM tool kit in my app section

mnowak1228

Reaction score
I have the same thing and am wondering the same! When i select it it does nothing. Subbed!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Nobody knows and those that do haven't said anything. This was brought up at Motorola's forums as well and never went anywhere. Very weird.....

Sent from Droid RAZR

mnowak1228

Reaction score
It is weird.....why make an icon for an application and have it not do anything? There has to be some use for it. Maybe we will see something in ICS?!? Who knows?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Mine shows up and some days disappears ..lol in fact its gone right now! Lol

Built to last ...
Motorola Droid Razr/Spyder
Peace!

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
My question is where does it go? Lol I press it and when i reboot its gone I guess. Haven't seen it since a week before the update..lol

Built to last ...
Motorola Droid Razr/Spyder
Peace!

taktix101

Reaction score
Happening on Maxx

I've had Razr Maxx since launch day and had never seen the Similar Toolkit app until last night: my phone randomly got the SIM card authentication error, and running through the procedure to fix it, the toolkit showed up. I like implications of it's name (may bode well for root users) but I would love to know why it randomly shows up in my app drawer.

Anyone else have a SIM card problem and notice this?

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I managed to save to home. Holding it and hitting as any other app just to hold on to it..lol and was a success... its been on my home screen over a week...so I caught it..lol now I'm putting it in the trash as it has no use to me.. just wanted it to be still...lol

:cool:

You've been tapped by the Drummer...

Kimo91

Reaction score
Who knows how or why it works or even pops up. Read anywhere from it manages the SIM to secretly monitoring your phone to see if its rooted or not so who knows what the real reason is

Sent from my rooted and Safe Strapped Motor DROID RAZR