SIM card question

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by dmoss7, Apr 24, 2014.

1. dmoss7

dmoss7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Long time lurker here. I am going to be leaving the BIONIC platform soon and have narrowed my replacement down to the HTC One (M8). I am still grandfathered in to unlimited data on Verizon, so I plan on paying full retail and doing a SIM card swap. Has anyone had any luck/experience with trimming down the SIM in the Bionic to the NanoSim size that the HTC requires? Or has anyone gone to Verizon and gotten a new SIM card without them messing with your plan? I know MicroSIMs can be trimmed down, but I've googled the subject a bunch and still have yet to come away with a clear answer. I would prefer to get a new SIM that would be guaranteed to work w/o messing with my unlimited data, but am willing to trim down my current SIM if that's the only option.

2. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Ratings:
    +7,254
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Droid Z Force
    I have not tried to trim a SIM card, but I have gone to Verizon several times and received a free new SIM card for a replacement phone. They never asked any questions or mentioned my plan. I just handed them my new phone (RAZR M) and told them I needed the smaller SIM, since the one from my Bionic would not fit. They offered to help activate the phone, so I did it in the store to make sure the new SIM was good. They are supposed to provide new SIM cards for free if you are a Verizon customer (at least that's what I have been told by several VZW employees). Good luck with the new phone.

#2 Sajo, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  3. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +31
    ^^^ this. just make sure its a corporate store, those verizon kiosks will try to charge you for a sim card.

4. shockracer

shockracer Active Member

Ratings:
    +184
    Don't trust the 3rd party stands (kiosks). I bought mine from a Verizon store with a new SIM card. I paid the $660 price tag to keep my unlimited, but got $40 free for signing up for Isis which bought my screen protectors and the VZW case (clear on the back black on the sides) and still have $20 leftover. My plan still lists my number as unlimited.

5. Jeffrey

Jeffrey Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4,036
    Current Phone Model:
    iPhone 7 Plus JB
    Go to a VZW store. They will most likely swap your sim with no questions asked.

6. dmoss7

dmoss7 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the info guys. I love my Bionic, but it's really slowing down. I've done all memory clearing tricks, FDR, etc. Results only last for a week or two. Looks like it's time to move on. Again, thanks for the input.

Search tags for this page
does htc m8 come with sim card

does htc m8 verizon need a sim card

does my htc m8 need a sim card
i got a new gophone and my old sim card dont fit can i keep my number

motorola droid bionic come with sims card

sim card android forums
trimming verizon sim card for droid
what type of sim card has htc verizon