sim card question

Psj77

Reaction score
I bought a nexus off of swappa and I just got it in the mail today. When trying to switch from my droid 2 global to this phone, it says it needs a sim card. Where can I buy a 4g sim card? And how can I avoid changing plans when I change phones since I have unlimited data currently.

Ben_J_H

Reaction score
Your providers website will usually sell sim cards but you would need to bring it into them to get it programmed and what not. Does your provider sell the nexus? otherwise you will have to unlock it as well.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
You shouldn't be charged any changes to your plan as you're just upgrading the phone. If you're with Verizon they should provide you with a free one in store once you activate it

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
You shouldn't be charged any changes to your plan as you're just upgrading the phone. If you're with Verizon they should provide you with a free one in store once you activate it

+1 go to a vzw store, they will provide you with one for free.... provided vzw is your provider :)

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! XPARENT BLUE!!!

OP
P

Psj77

Reaction score
So I had to buy the sim card, but now when I try to activate the phone online, it tells me I need to change my data plan. How do I activate my verizon nexus without losing my unlimited data?

Ben_J_H

Reaction score
Figured you would have to buy it.............. Is your current data plan 4g plus I know verizion is dropping thier unlimited plan and that might mess things up

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So I had to buy the sim card, but now when I try to activate the phone online, it tells me I need to change my data plan. How do I activate my verizon nexus without losing my unlimited data?
Might have to be done in store. When I upgraded to a 4g plan from my Inc, they said they had to do one extra step or something to make sure I was signed up to a 4g account now. I'm surprised they didn't offer to activate it for you in store.