SIM Card-Data Link Issue

grog_lives

Reaction score
Over the past couple of days I've had a few instances where my DNA was not reading my SIM card and in one case lost data capability so I wasn't able to access the internet. And this morning I lost all capability. In both cases I had to restart the phone multiple times to get functionality back.

Has anyone had this issue? Is it something I should worry about? The only thing i was able to correlate it with was an update for Voxer Walkie-Talkie as it seemed to start when I did the update.

This issue hasn't been consistent as yesterday I no problems at all.

scott9050

Reaction score
Mine used to be intermittent, last Thursday it would not recognize the SIM at all. Tried all of the tricks, nothing worked. Went to Verizon for a new SIM, failed.

I ended up having to have a warranty replacement sent which I received Monday. So far so good on the replacement phone.

phoneman95

Reaction score
What I simply did was just take the SIM card out, then re-insert it myself. Its almost as if its not pressed in enough. Anyways DNA has been perfect. Happened a month ago.

OP
G

grog_lives

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Perhaps it was a just a coincidence but as I mentioned in my original post, I had installed an update for voxer walkie-talkie at the time the sim card issue had started. Well I uninstalled voxer and I've not had the sim issue since. I'm going to let it go for a while longer and then reinstall voxer and see if it happens again.

AJClueless

Reaction score
Sadly, if you google Droid DNA and SIM card issue, you will find MULTIPLE articles, and forums complaining about this issue. I just had this happen on Friday, and received my under warranty replacement which I am activating as I speak (type). I'm really hoping that the replacement is good. Because apparently HTC and Verizon are hoping this "little" issue will just go away. From what I've read they are trying to act like it doesn't exist. But the person at the Verizon store was pretty quick just to call in warranty on it so I'm thinking that they are trying hard to cover their butts.

I'm just concerned about when I send back my original equipment. I know that Verizon doesn't like to pay for anything if they don't have to, and I'm concerned they are going to be like its all your (my) fault. I love Verizon for their service area, but have never been overly impressed by the customer service. Heres hoping its not a fight. :)

CharlieMarchand

Reaction score
Over the past couple of days I've had a few instances where my DNA was not reading my SIM card and in one case lost data capability so I wasn't able to access the internet. And this morning I lost all capability. In both cases I had to restart the phone multiple times to get functionality back.

Has anyone had this issue? Is it something I should worry about? The only thing i was able to correlate it with was an update for Voxer Walkie-Talkie as it seemed to start when I did the update.

This issue hasn't been consistent as yesterday I no problems at all.

Greetings, this seems to be a DNA problem! When I searched for it, I found thousands of complaints on Verizon. This happend the first time I used a generic plug to recharge my phone (used a micro USB I had laying around). The phone lost the SIM card right afterwards and has done it intermittently since. When I was using another micro USB cable, it did it all the time (multiple times per day). Using the charger that came with the phone (or a Verizon branded charger) seems to limit how many times it happens.

kcooldude

Reaction score
This happened to me, I kept restarting my phone and sometimes it would go away, sometimes not. If it did go away it would come back the next day or something. So I took it to Verizon and all they did was replace my SIM. Haven't had a issue since then