Sim Card Authorization Error

droidsaiga

Reaction score
Same here. I have everything except my 4g. Syracuse, NY

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

RedTarget

Reaction score
I've had a nightmare of a problem with this. Yesterday when it started happening I called support and they had walked me through several troubleshooting steps (including several requests to do a battery pull :blink:), none worked. We ended up doing a factory reset with no positive results. After tech support gave up, they sent me to my local verizon store to pick up a new sim. The store had previously had a few others come in and had success with replacing their sim card, so they put one in and sent me on my way. 5 hours later the sim card finally activated, however I was unable to do anything on it. This included making and receiving calls, texts, emails and any app requiring network access. I'm now at a point that I can get a temporary connection after a reboot, but it randomly stops shortly afterwards. The data issue I wouldn't mind, but not being able to make or receive calls is a killer. If it goes on for too long I'll have to bring my faithful OG Droid out of retirement. Best part is, it isn't causing as many problems for any of my coworkers that have 4g phones. They are experiencing an issue with 4g, but their phones are fully functional on 3g.

What really gets me is that I have not had any problems with this phone previously. Must have been too much of a good thing.... :happy3:

Chocula78

Reaction score
Woke up and saw the problem. I was having data connection issues too before I went to bed. I wonder if they are related.

I restarted my phone this morning and the error went away. I'm hoping it doesn't return.

ronyusa

Reaction score
Just received my new Droid Razr yesterday, and after activating the phone properly, I had the same problem, I got an error message saying the sim card is not authorized for LTE service and I should call Verizon customer service. So I did and after checking everything (they asked for my sim card number) they said it is just a bad sim card and they placed an oder to ship a new sim card to me (free of charge of course). Hopefully this will be fixed once I receive the new sim card. I will post an update once I receive my new sim card in the next day or two.

tclarktc

Reaction score
This is getting insane for everyone experiencing it. All they are talking about it how much better they are making it- except they aren't.

ronyusa

Reaction score
Seems like a sim card problem so not sure I would blame Motorola/Droid for it, but yes it is very disappointing to have that kind of a problem with a brand new device/sim card!

tclarktc

Reaction score
Haha, I'm not blaming Moto/Droid in the slightest. Go take a look at either the "Wireless" or "4G LTE" sections of CNET U.S. Half the damn articles on the first couple pages are about the ""strides" Verizon is making with 4G and how awesome its going to be. What gets me though, I live in South Florida and have no 4G yet they are buying up cables for billions of dollars in the middle of nowhere. Oh and I just not have 4G, my 3G is gone now too. Great!

swharshbar

Reaction score
I'm having the sims card error too and had the card replaced. It lasted about 1/2 day and got the message again. Now a co-worker who has the same razr is getting the same message. I've got a service ticket open for it but no answer yet.

tclarktc

Reaction score
The other part I can't figure out is that like 5 days ago I got the SIM message for a fraction of a second and it went away. Now, here I am 5 days later sitting here dropping off WiFi in the library and my RAZR just now picked back up onto 1X with 2 blue bars.

VA_siCkBoy

Reaction score
I just received this same error about 30 mins. ago. After contacting customer support, I was informed that there is some sort of outage in the northeast area affecting the RAZR phones mostly. I put in a service ticket request and was informed that they hope to have this issue resolved soon. Let's hope so.

tclarktc

Reaction score
I'm guessing it cycled from South Florida up the coat to the North East then because I had territory, terrible service yesterday.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

sand240

Reaction score
Just got the sim error message too. I'm down in SE texas. Haven't bothered calling tech support yet

VA_siCkBoy

Reaction score
She told me to wait about an hour....power down and restart.

Don't know what good that will do but she said they are working on the problem so I will try it.

tclarktc

Reaction score
I just tried powering down, waiting, and booting back up to see if the error was gone. After booting up, I had white 4G LTE with no activity for a few minutes then the error came back. I mean honestly, I can deal without 4G for a couple days- wifi is just as fast if not faster than 4G and I'm a college student so everywhere I go has wifi. Situation I was in last night though, that was not OK but I am glad its over.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just tried powering down, waiting, and booting back up to see if the error was gone. After booting up, I had white 4G LTE with no activity for a few minutes then the error came back. I mean honestly, I can deal without 4G for a couple days- wifi is just as fast if not faster than 4G and I'm a college student so everywhere I go has wifi. Situation I was in last night though, that was not OK but I am glad its over.

Got the same error. Just got back from the Verizon store. Dead Sim Card. However, the 4G LTE network was hiccuping at the same time. I am blaming sunspot EMP. :)