Sim Card Authorization Error

sireted

Reaction score
Hi guys I have a rooted razr too. I'm in the buffalo ny area. I have had the same problem. i went to the verizon store yesterday and they basicly too my sim card out and put it back in. they rebooted the phone and it worked until today. I got the same error again. I called tech support they just created a ticket. once again i took out the sim card and rebooted and it works. I hope they find the problem soon this is a pain in the a**

drboom

Reaction score
My wife's Razr just started showing this error but mine hasn't yet started showing anything. A quick call to VZW and they tell me there is an open 'alert'/ticket as of 555pm today about this error on Razrs in the northeast region. No updates yet or ETR. Told me my account is now linked to the master ticket but there is no way to get an update aside from calling in.
In my case, I don't see 3G working either. FWIW, we are near Boston MA.

xer0derm

Reaction score
Same thing with me. No 3g or LTE. It comes up for a couple of seconds and then drops off again.

sdb010

Reaction score
Thx einsteindks....I did get a brand new one to replace the possessed one. I am glad to hear the SIM card is not just me.

kparks

Reaction score
@sdb010:
My Razr works flawlessly, rooted, backed up, and bootstrapped. SIM card is a network thing, 3g and everything else is ok. 4g is down, is all. Sounds like you got a major lemon, dude! Get a new, not refurbished, unit.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

4G has been working fine all day today and yesterday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

njs502

Reaction score
I got the error today when I briefly switched from 3g (normally on) to 4g. I rebooted the phone and error went away for an hour and then popped up again.
I called Verizon. Tech told me to reseat the Sim card which I did. Error has been gone for 2 hours now (Crosses fingers). By the way, I turned it back to 3g.

Reaction score
Lte is out that's why your getting that message I'm getting it as well.

kparks

Reaction score
Lte is out that's why your getting that message I'm getting it as well.

How is lte out I have had it all day?? And I have it now I believe we are on the same network? Lol :)

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Verizon is having network issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
S

sturner91

Reaction score
With just one post i don't know if i could trust you, because i just got off the phone with a rep less than 30 mins ago... and they said nothing about that lol

If it makes you feel any better, i stopped by my local verizon shop and the whole 4g network had gone down. They said it should be fixed over night.

OP
S

sturner91

Reaction score
So yea to all, its a network side issue. They say it should be fixed over night. I am still going to continue to get my new sim card since it will be in this week. Phone has been fantastic otherwise. Thats the only problem ive experianced.

mj1159

Reaction score
Error: Sim not authorized for 4g lte !!

I also had this problem yesterday. It occurred in the middle of the day while the phone was just sitting on the table, not in use. I called Verizon Tech and they assured me that it was a Verizon Network problem and NOT a phone issue. I was advised to give it a Day or Two and if it's still not fixed, to call back. Fortunately i can still call and text with this error.

xer0derm

Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, i stopped by my local verizon shop and the whole 4g network had gone down. They said it should be fixed over night.

7AM and not yet fixed. Tried removing SIM and rebooting, no luck. As stated prior, I can still call, text, and access internet.

namjak

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. Data works but i cant call or text. I can receive texts, but cant send them. Calls dont work at all, receive or dial

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

xer0derm

Reaction score
I have the opposite problem. Data works but i cant call or text. I can receive texts, but cant send them. Calls dont work at all, receive or dial

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Did you try forcing it into 3G?