Silly Plug for MotoCache and a Big Thank You!

nateccnn

Reaction score
This week I had some trouble with my Droid (Original Droid). Battery power in the toilet...lots of force closes. I ended up installing the OTA 2.2 Froyo on top of my Rooted FRG22D and clearing all data and cache to put it back to stock. All my problems disappeared and the phone has been running great for the past two days. So I figured it was time to re-root. I was getting ready to type all the commands into terminal to install SPRecovery, busybox and superuser and gain root. And then I recalled reading a very long thesis by MotoCache and decided to give that a whirl. Ten minutes later I am rooted. Running Win7 64 bit OS I had absolutely no problems. Whilke I knew what potential problems could occur I can say that if you follow his step by step guide and read before you press any buttons you too shoud have no problems. He did a very nice job of explaining things in easy to understand terms. And he saved me a whole bunch of time!

I love you, Man!

Nate

warrior21

Reaction score
I had to root my wifes replacement last night and I agree, the directions were extremely easy to follow and worked perfectly

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This plug is in no way silly, MotoCache's guide's however technical are laid out in a way that everyone can understand---Big Up's to MotoCache1, definitely deserving of the title of Cheif Droid Scientist and the Droid Labs Section :)

OP
N

nateccnn

Reaction score
Agreed on all counts... except maybe "I love you man":)

Have you ever manually rooted? Everything pushed through RSDlite or SDK tools? If so, I can't believe you would not say "I Love You Man!" LOL

While I have gotten pretty proficient at rooting manually, I do not like doing it.

Nate

beckx020

Reaction score
Thank you again MotoCache1.

I must have read the instructions 50 times thinking that it couldn't be that easy. But it was. :D

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Agreed on all counts... except maybe "I love you man":)

Have you ever manually rooted? Everything pushed through RSDlite or SDK tools? If so, I can't believe you would not say "I Love You Man!" LOL

While I have gotten pretty proficient at rooting manually, I do not like doing it.

Nate

I did RSDLite originally but lost root when I installed a wrong update file for FRG01B and got the auto restoring stock recovery... I was rooted but could not install any unsigned updates. Then I installed unrooted FRG22D and used MotoCache's instructions to "catch the bootloader" and root.

OK... I guess it deserves "I love you man" statusdancedroid