Silly Go SMS Pro question...

Penny677

Reaction score
Not really a big deal but I find that I can't get smileys in texts. I get the punctuation. I'm really new to android so I'm not sure if I've got everything set right.

Any suggestions?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Not really a big deal but I find that I can't get smileys in texts. I get the punctuation. I'm really new to android so I'm not sure if I've got everything set right.

Any suggestions?
I don't use Go SMS, but with the stock texting app if you press menu then select smiley you will see the "punctuation" in the text. However, after you press send then you will see the graphic for that smiley.

OP
P

Penny677

Reaction score
Yes it's that way in go SMS. I can send the smileys and the recipients get them. But if they send one back to me, I get the punctuation but not the smiley.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Yes it's that way in go SMS. I can send the smileys and the recipients get them. But if they send one back to me, I get the punctuation but not the smiley.
Oh, I understand now. I'm not sure but I think, in the case of receiving text or email, the software (app) being used by the sender can influence whether or not your receiving app will "translate" the data into the appropriate graphic. I experience the same thing from people using Apple products...their "smileys" never turn out right.