Silent OTA Update for Browser Lag

reggin

Reaction score
I believe they just pushed out a fix for the browser lag. I did a speed test a while ago and noticed the DOWNLOAD speed was lower than upload. Three tests confirmed download speeds of 391, 346 and 262 kbps. EDIT kbps...was late last night posting...

Also my phone froze while doing normal functions, surfing web, exploring, etc. I removed the usb from PC and that's when it froze. Had to pull the battery. I decided to re-run a speed test after reboot and bam...downloads were back to normal.

I checked Droidforums.net on phone and all of a sudden, no more browser lag. :EDIT: Well, not as bad as after 2.0.1 update...

Can some others confirm or not?

Thanks

Last edited:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Just got on my Droid and went to this forum. Still laggy for me, so don't think they had an OTA update. At least I didn't get any...

hajabooja

Reaction score
I believe they just pushed out a fix for the browser lag. I did a speed test a while ago and noticed the DOWNLOAD speed was lower than upload. Three tests confirmed download speeds of 391, 346 and 262 Mbps.

Also my phone froze while doing normal functions, surfing web, exploring, etc. I removed the usb from PC and that's when it froze. Had to pull the battery. I decided to re-run a speed test after reboot and bam...downloads were back to normal.

I checked Droidforums.net on phone and all of a sudden, no more browser lag. :EDIT: Well, not as bad as after 2.0.1 update...

Can some others confirm or not?

Thanks

Hmm... did this JUST happen? Gonna do a battery pull and I'll report back.

hajabooja

Reaction score
Yeah just pulled the battery and what not. Still the same for me... maybe it hasn't come over this way yet if this is true.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
they'd make it public if the update was pushed.... at least to Droid owners since the forums blowing up with complaints is what prompted the issue's awareness to Google/Motorola

lemodular

Reaction score
they did a silent update with the camera a few weeks back. I have not noticed anything different with my browser.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
they did a silent update with the camera a few weeks back. I have not noticed anything different with my browser.

there was never a silent update... what it was, was a 24.5 day bug... so every 24.5 days the phone would cycle with camera issues/ no camera issues... this has since been properly addressed in the 2.0.1 update.

the 24.5 day bug with the camera just happened to run it's course within the first few weeks of launch.... dec 12th was the day the bug would 'reappear'... why do you think the update was pushed for the 11th? :)

Reaction score
When browsing the net at home I noticed it was smoother as well, maybe not an update though.

lemodular

Reaction score

there was never a silent update... what it was, was a 24.5 day bug... so every 24.5 days the phone would cycle with camera issues/ no camera issues... this has since been properly addressed in the 2.0.1 update.

the 24.5 day bug with the camera just happened to run it's course within the first few weeks of launch.... dec 12th was the day the bug would 'reappear'... why do you think the update was pushed for the 11th? :)

Oh yeah, I did read about that. However, it's hard to understand how every Droid "activated" their clocks on the same day. I don't know anything about computer programming so I can't debate this issue. Just curious how a timer was set on the camera, was it coded in the ROM?

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Oh yeah, I did read about that. However, it's hard to understand how every Droid "activated" their clocks on the same day. I don't know anything about computer programming so I can't debate this issue. Just curious how a timer was set on the camera, was it coded in the ROM?

yea it was something within the coding for the OS. I'm not versed in coding either but I know it was an issue that ran off the internal timer for the OS so it wouldn't matter when you activated your Droid.

Silverwing

Reaction score
I still lag...pretty terribly. So, if there was an OTA, I haven't received it yet =(

djtrype

Reaction score
I still lag...pretty terribly. So, if there was an OTA, I haven't received it yet =(

Hence why the OP's post is absurd. I seriously doubt Verizon and/or Google would do a silent OTA update for such a massive problem. Keep track of your Baseband and Kernel versions. Those would change. And I wouldn't doubt that the firmware version would change as well.