"Silent Mode" on Moto Droid

dperk

Reaction score
Seems that since the 2.2 update (manually at both builds), I've lost my "Silent" mode on the phone...

The volume rocker will bring it down as far as Vibrate, and the power button will give me the option to turn it to "Silent", but it isn't actually silent in this mode...

Any suggestions?

The other thing that I've noticed is that I'm missing a bunch of pictures (went from 70+ down to about 20... not sure if this happened during the FroYo update, if it has something to do with my ADW.Launcher homescreen app, or if it's something about the way Facebook operates now.... seems that when I went to "Share"-> "Facebook" from the Gallery menu, it uploaded it to FB and it disappeared from my phone.

I also have Photo Safe on my phone to hide pics as private... perhaps that's the culprit? I haven't a clue, but I'd like to get it sorted out because I lost some pics that I really wanted to keep on there....

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
can you go into settings>sound and change vibrate to never? works on the DX 2.2

Insult2Injury

Reaction score
You either have to go into sound and turn it to silent, or i use Beautifuly widgets and have a widget to toggle vibrate/silent/gps/wifi

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can add a widget like Beautiful Silent or SwitchPro.

chrisarrington

Reaction score
Can't you just hold down the power button and click Silent Mode. I can still do that on mine.

OP
D

dperk

Reaction score
can you go into settings>sound and change vibrate to never? works on the DX 2.2

But I don't wanna go into my settings every time I put it on silent... waaahhhhhhhh, haha.

Stupid lazy society making me.... lazy

OP
D

dperk

Reaction score
Can't you just hold down the power button and click Silent Mode. I can still do that on mine.

When I tried that.... the "Vibrate" icon in my Notification Bar disappeared, not putting a "Silent" icon up there, but instead, returning me to non-silent mode.... like, Loud...

Embarrassing to have some Billy Talent start blasting from your phone during a meeting at work... oops...

chrisarrington

Reaction score

When I tried that.... the "Vibrate" icon in my Notification Bar disappeared, not putting a "Silent" icon up there, but instead, returning me to non-silent mode.... like, Loud...

Embarrassing to have some Billy Talent start blasting from your phone during a meeting at work... oops...

Okay, here is what I did. First I went intto the settings and told it to never vibrate. Then the volume rocker or the power button will toggle to silent and not to vibrate anymore. I forgot that I had went into the settings too.