Silent Mode Jammer

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Is anyone else using this? I use it so that when I "silence" the phone using the lock screen it automatically puts the phone in vibrate mode instead. It worked great in 2.0, but broke in 2.01. You could never un-silence on the lock screen once it was silenced. The developer put out an update he says fixes the 2.0.1 problem and a comment on androlib.com says it works for them, but for me it still does not work correctly. Anyone else? Bueller?

SpecialEd

Reaction score
Test it out. It toggles to silent mode, but the icon never comes back if you toggle again. It appears you are always muted, but you sometimes aren't! You may appear muted but you will ring (but after a ring or two, the front screen shows not muted again!)

The only way I can tell using that application that the droid muted vs not is to look at the vibrate icon in the message tray.

OP
L

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Ah, so it will still work, but just not obvious. Cool. Thanks for the info!

fredm74

Reaction score
My issue with Silent Mode Jammer is that it completely turns off the volume on my phone. If I receive a call while Silent Mode Jammer is enabled, I can't hear the person who is calling, it's completely silent. Ironically, speakerphone works. I have to shut Droid down and do a full reboot in order to place a call. Has this happen to anyone else?

-Fred

Last edited: