Silent Calls anyone?

rtb

Reaction score
Trying to call someone but no ringtone or anything just silence. Is this a bug? The only way to temporarily fix it is to turn it off then back on. Anyone else?

mattamous

Reaction score
I get the same problem from time to time. What really sucks is that whomever you are calling, still gets the call and can answer it even though you can't hear anything. I just re-start my phone too when it happens.

fingaz

Reaction score
I am having this same problem. Randomly, when I call someone, there is absolutely NO sound on either end. For example, I called my Mom yesterday, and I while the call was being placed, I couldn't hear any ringing. She picked up and didn't hear anything on her side.

when this happens, I have to restart my phone... and it is fixed. I think it may have something to do with the volume controls. Or maybe with an app that I have that controls the volume. I am using a program called Audio Manager.

Good to know that I'm not the only one this is happening to.

Comments/questions/suggestions?

john1923t

Reaction score
RE: silent calls

I have the same problem since i recieved the 2.1 update. now I am getting messages saying my SD CARD is defective. any help?
Can I re boot my phone without the update?

snow580

Reaction score
Same here. Haven't been able to find any fix except for a restart. Really stinks when the alarm doesn't make a sound because of this:(

loop4zil

Reaction score
Listen to me.

We've traced the call... it's coming from inside the house.

Now a squad car's coming over there right now, just get out of that house!

Malcolmn64

Reaction score
Required reset

Same here. Haven't been able to find any fix except for a restart. Really stinks when the alarm doesn't make a sound because of this:(

I too am finding the need to power down and back up just to make calls. Seems like the phone gets confused and won't even make calls or receive them. Even at that, Google Maps continued to try to navigate from mid lake to home which I had initiated to see what it would do. But the phone would not complete a call until I rebooted.

I agree it's irritating when it's required at least once a day!

malcolm

OP
R

rtb

Reaction score
This is still happening and is annoying as hell. It has been a month now. Why no fix?

Dallasguy7

Reaction score
We had this problem too. But after doing the Factory reset it went away.

OP
R

rtb

Reaction score
Factory reset did not solve the problem for me...

scajjr

Reaction score
Yeah the 2.1 update has turned my Eris into a piece of crap (and yes I've done the factory reset, twice).

Sounds the rings when it wants to, still laggy touchscreen response, just runs slower.

Sam

miasmata423

Reaction score
Wife's phone works with speaker phone, but not through the handset. 4th Eris in one week. Gonna keep returning them until they actually give us a phone that works...

mattamous

Reaction score
After the update a few days ago, I haven't had any problems with the silent calls. Hopefully it stays that way.

JCDagz

Reaction score
The "Silent Call Bug" and numerous force closes was plaguing my Eris since the initial 2.1 update. I was having to power cycle at at least once a day to prevent the problem. Latest update to software version 2.37.605.4 (did it manually) seems to have fixed the issue - tho I am still keeping my fingers crossed.

GrillMouster

Reaction score
I've had this happen twice since I got the phone last November. The first time it happened I realized that the audio was going to my bluetooth headset in my briefcase (I forgot to turn of BT and the headset). The second time it was a legitimate problem, resolved by rebooting the phone.