1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Silence ringing phone

Discussion in 'Droid 2 FAQ' started by tacorunner87, Dec 15, 2010.

1. tacorunner87

tacorunner87 New Member

Im new to the whole smart phone thing. I did a search and found nothing. Currently I have a song as my ringtone for text. When a text comes in the phone rings. Well i open the text and there is no way to silence the music. Same goes with ringing for calls I cant silence the phone unless I click ignore. Im wondering if there is a way if the phone is in my pocket if I can silence it if it rings? If this is confusing please let me know and ill reword it.
  2. chaaaad

chaaaad New Member

You can silence a ringing phone by hitting the volume buttons on the right side of your phone. I honestly don't know if it works for text message notifications- I usually have a very short ringtone for email and text.
  3. captainoftheworld

captainoftheworld New Member

Actually if you turn the phone over, face down, it will silence anything, this is built in.

Also pressing power will stop a phone call alarm ringtone etc. Without having to ignore it.

"Bootloader begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern Time, August 29th. In a panic, they try to pull the plug. Bootloader fights back."
  4. g3ride69

g3ride69 New Member

Iwent into sounds and found the setting that says flip to silence...but it never works? Any suggestions? (i have already reset the compass a couple times....whet you flip the p phone repeatedly on its 3 axis' until it turns green)
    G3ride69@msn.com

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
Search tags for this page
android turn phone over to silence ringer
home phone that i can silence the ringer while it rings
how to keep my atrix 2 on silent

how to silence motorola atrix

how to slience motorola atrix
motorola atrix hd silencing while in pocket
motorola razr silence phone ringer
silence

what to do if your droid2 phone stops ringing