Silence notifications with power button

Discussion in 'HTC Droid Incredible 2' started by klabit87, Aug 7, 2011.

1. klabit87

klabit87 Member

Is there any way to silence an sms notification by pressing the power button? It's rude for me to receive a message and have to grab my phone from my clip to silence it. It would be better to just hit the power button to silence it. Any ideas? I know tasker can do it but I don't want to have to buy an app just for this one problem.

Yep I'm on my DInc2.
  2. ABQNM

ABQNM New Member

This has been the case with everyone phone I used since windows mobile 5. Haven't found a device that silences text message alerts with a button yet. Either use a shorter alert or use WidgetLocker and have a ringer toggle and quickly switch to silent mode.

Sent from my brain using the human to phone interface.
  3. Gunslinger

Gunslinger New Member

Why don't you use a short notification tone, or leave it on vibrate and check it periodically? I don't understand why it's not rude to let it go off in the first place, but it's rude that you can't silence it almost immediately. :confused:
  4. klabit87

klabit87 Member

It's just the principle. This functionality should be available as a standard. I guess I could just get tasker because I have searched all over and haven't found a solution. I wouldn't need to silence it all the time. The times it would need to be silenced would be unexpected and speratic.

Yep I'm on my DInc2.
  5. ABQNM

ABQNM New Member

I think that phone manufacturers overlook this as a necessity because typically message alert tones are very brief and are usually over before you would even be able to get to the button.
  6. klabit87

klabit87 Member

Yeah the only long notification tone I have is for my sms. And it is only about 20 to 25 seconds long. I have tested tasker a little bit and it seems to be the perfect solution I just have to shell out 5 bucks to continue using it after the 7 day trial.

Yep I'm on my DInc2.
  7. ABQNM

ABQNM New Member

I find tasker to be worth the money. There are so many things it can do. I haven't set it up on my dinc2 yet, but on my DX I had it re-enable my lockscreen and enable auto brightness when I disconnected from my home wifi and when I reconnected it would dim and turn off the lockscreen. I used it for other various reasons as well. It is a great app.
Search tags for this page
android notification power button
android notification with power button
droid silence notification receive text
how do i silence my text alert on android
how to use tasker to silence incoming notifications using po
side button doesn't silence notifications on s3
silence android notifications with 1 button
silence notifications droid maxx
silence text alert on bionic by pushing a button

use side buttons to silence text

use the side button s4 to silent notifications