Silence ALL camera sounds...even focus beeps

greenzkool

Reaction score
I didn't realize this was still an ongoing problem. I figured out a way to silence the focus beeps a few days after the X came out. I would have shared earlier if I knew people were still having problems.

The shutter sound can be removed with silentsnap or placing your phone in silent mode, this is well known.

The camera focus beeps are alarm tones. If you go into your alarm settings and uncheck "alarm in silent mode" You will no longer hear the focus beeps when using silent mode or silentsnap

ccomengee86

Reaction score
I didn't realize this was still an ongoing problem. I figured out a way to silence the focus beeps a few days after the X came out. I would have shared earlier if I knew people were still having problems.

The shutter sound can be removed with silentsnap or placing your phone in silent mode, this is well known.

The camera focus beeps are alarm tones. If you go into your alarm settings and uncheck "alarm in silent mode" You will no longer hear the focus beeps when using silent mode or silentsnap

You sir, are a hero.
I should have tried it lol

imronburgundy

Reaction score
Nice, i wish there was a thanks button in tapatalk.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

OP
G

greenzkool

Reaction score
You are very welcome. it drove me nuts for a while. Glad I could help

blundell

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Updated SilentSnap to do this for you
i.e. no shutter sound AND no auto focus sound :) enjoy

SilentSnap

Digidy

Reaction score
Hey Guys

Updated SilentSnap to do this for you
i.e. no shutter sound AND no auto focus sound :) enjoy

SilentSnap

is there a way to make the app stop working, after i've taken my sneaky pics i'd like the phone to go back to normal. Is there a way to do this with out uninstalling the app?

Lukerative

Reaction score
Yeah just make sure you are hitting the back button and not the home button. However ever since I exited the app, all my sounds are silenced. Like the clicking I should be hearing while typing this in swype...

Dustin_D

Reaction score
"beep beep" auto focus noise still sounds after doing this.