Signature for texting??

tat2me45

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to set a signature for text messages? Sorry if this is in wrong place. I'm new here.

CatsTide

Reaction score
not sure with the stock messaging app but it is in the settings for handcent sms.if you haven't tried handcent i highly recommend it.it's free in the market and is highly customizable.

roberj13

Reaction score
+1 for Handcent. Just make sure when you install it, you go into your normal Messaging app and turn off notifications on that one. Otherwise you will get a message from Messaging and Handcent. Other than that enjoy all of the extra options it gives you!

Messaging>Menu>Settings>Uncheck 'Notifications'

M

Matth3w

ChompSMS has the same settings. I used Handcent but have had WAY less problems with Chomp so I ditched Handcent a long time ago.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Another +1 for Handcent, Never a problem with it.

Shadowtech

Reaction score
ChompSMS has the same settings. I used Handcent but have had WAY less problems with Chomp so I ditched Handcent a long time ago.

I tried chomp for the first time yesterday when I installed bugless beast.. and I wasn't really impressed. It doesn't have near the customization as Handcent does and I absolutely hate the bubble conversations. I dunno if I just missed the setting or what but I went back to Handcent. Chomp also didn't seem to have any notification options aside from the ringtone. I like setting my LED to diff colors for different groups of people based on importance. I've never had any problems with using Handcent on my Droid so I'll just stick with it til I do.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
No offense, but why do people like signatures in texts messages? They take up some of the number of characters that you're allowed for each message, don't they?

Personally, the vast majority of people I text know who I am. If I text someone for the first time, say, if I got their number from a mutual friend, I'll throw a "-Jon" at the end (or maybe "-Kansas,"), but have never found a reason to use an "all-the-time" signature.

Guess I'm just looking for insight on something I don't use...?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
jonny i've noticed that a lot of my friends put little "messages" as their signature i.e. buy american.

i personally dont use a signature but then again i dont text ppl that don't have me in their contacts lol