Signal Strength

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
If that isn't true lol. We go into the store telling the rep facts and they like "that is not on our facts sheet" and we like your fact sheet is wrong.
If you have not corrected the store two at least once you are not a true techie.....
Guys in my local store used to wait for me to come in and give them the lowdown on new and upcoming phones. Lol

Tap'd from my Droid Turbo

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I was at Verizon store last night and did a side by side speedtest on turbo and xperia. Even though turbo had lower ping, xperia had a lot faster speeds especially in upload. Used same server on both devices.
02eca5c4d92870639c0fc3c8d467083e.jpg

I would want that test run multiple times and swap phone positions to be sure it's not a fluke. It's very possible that the Xperia is faster on downloads.

Mike.757

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have the Note 4 and am pretty happy with the signal strength though not why I'm writing.

I was watching a comparison video between the Note 4 and the Turbo. Here is the link:
At the 5 minute mark, there is a discussion about a 5db signal drop if you put your finger over the top of the Turbo. I tried it at the store and the same thing happened.

As I said, I don't have a Turbo and reporting this as an objective observation. Not a Note 4 versus Turbo slam.

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
I have the Note 4 and am pretty happy with the signal strength though not why I'm writing.

I was watching a comparison video between the Note 4 and the Turbo. Here is the link:
At the 5 minute mark, there is a discussion about a 5db signal drop if you put your finger over the top of the Turbo. I tried it at the store and the same thing happened.

As I said, I don't have a Turbo and reporting this as an objective observation. Not a Note 4 versus Turbo slam.

Interesting. So apparently Samsung has done something about crappy reception. I wonder how this would be in fringe areas.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
I'll let you know when I get my Edge. I live on a fringe area and can compare it to my Note 3 and an S5.

bfranker

Reaction score
Laid my Turbo and Razr Maxx side by side and the Razr Maxx was reading about 5db lower.

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
A couple of days ago I tested my S4 next to a Turbo in the Verizon store. Used a couple of different carriers and the two performed just about exactly the same, with the Turbo being slightly higher on the upload. Both were on 4G and within 3 inches of each other. I was surprised with the Turbo's upgraded processor.

The S4 is my first non Moto smartphone and I'm looking to go back. Just need to figure out how to run video to hdmi tv without using chromecast or miracast.