1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Signal Strength fix

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by treefrog20012003, Jul 20, 2010.

1. treefrog20012003

treefrog20012003 New Member

I am not really sure where this belong so feel free to move it if necessary. I have been looking around the site and have yet to find this anywhere. I have been playing with different roms and have noticed that the Roms that are built from source seem to have an issue with signal from the cell towers. The only way to fix this is to go from clockwork mod to sprecovery and wipe that way. Clockwork does not seem to wipe all of the data going from one rom to the next and I am not sure why. If anyone knows please let me and everyone else know, thanks.

edit: installed Nextang theme and had the signal issue as well
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2010
  2. CmdBash

CmdBash New Member

What is your Droid Baseband?
    The latest release (to my knowledge) is the C_01.43.01P its located in Settings> About Phone third from the bottom.

Bars or Speed?
    Baseband only improves speed not signal reception. If your in an area with bad reception then the only thing that will help is if you buy a repeater. This was the case with my house.
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  3. treefrog20012003

No I am actually referring to the cell service signal. I have the newest baseband but that does not make a difderence. Roms such as Sapphire and Cyanogen when I install them have a weak antenna signal and I have trouble using my phone at home. Wiping with clockwork does not fix the problem when switching Roms but using sprecovery wipe method and then loading bugless beast the signal is WAY better, like it was when I first got the phone.
  4. TheCheeze

TheCheeze New Member

I may have to try this. When I did a clockwork wipe to upgrade to BB 0.4 I drop 3 bars worth of signal when I make/receive a call, even in the middle of downtown.
  5. treefrog20012003

This is what has surprised me, many people complain about signal and they all get blown off as if it is them and not another issue. I noticed when I went back to stock, 2.01, and then loaded 2.1my signal returned. Then ran sapphire and lost signal with clockwork, put sprecovery back on wiped and loaded BBb v.04 and had great signal. Put the newest baseband on and have even better service.
  6. TheCheeze

TheCheeze New Member

Yar, I even made a thread to that effect 2 weeks ago that it happened only after I upgraded to Froyo. Am gonna stick it out and wait to wipe until BB 0.5 is out though.
  7. treefrog20012003

I used sprecovery to wipe data and cache 3 times each and re-installed bb 0.4 and got better sevive and all of my apps returned in no less than 15 minutes. I am looking forward to BB 0.5 as well. And I think that I will follow the sprecovery wipe and install method as this is a proven method for me.
  8. BluStang05

BluStang05 New Member

I know this is an old post but would like to know what a repeater is and where i can get one. I get only enough service to text and thats only if i hold the phone just right. It would be great to be able to buy something to fix this

thanks
  9. treefrog20012003

No problem, it is an old post and I have given up on this issue with roms and have basically gone back to stock, BBv0.5. The repeater is something of a mini cell site that will pick up a tower and repeat the tower signal to you and back out. I have Verizon and its called a WNE (wireless network extender) and it uses a high speed internet connection to route to the nearest tower. Its expensive $279.00 is the tune of this one but I love it. As soon as I get a call or make a call I get full bars of signal. I would say its worththe money. Otherwise for other carriers Google is your friend.
Search tags for this page
android minimoto rom weak signal
antenna strength hack android

boost droid incredible signal strength

boost signal droid incredible 2
droid x2 signal fix
droid x2 signal reception
fix droid x2 signal problems
how can u fix a android with bad signal
how can u fix signal strength on a droid bionic
how to boost cell phone signal on motorola milestone x2
how to boost signal on droid x2