Signal loss after phone calls.

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by CaptainCaveMan, May 15, 2011.

1. CaptainCaveMan

CaptainCaveMan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    When I am surfing the web on my phone, the "3G" and signal bars in the notification bar are green in color.

If someone calls (or I call someone), whenever I hang up, those two things turn white in color instead of being green. It still shows bars saying I have a signal, but the web does not work. Facebook wont update and browser can't connect to websites.

The only "cure" I have found is to go into airplane mode and then come back out of it. That seems to "restart" it so to speak.

This has happened on 7.0.3 and 7.0.2 Any ideas to what is going on?

Sent from my Droid using my own internal awesome

2. jerroedr

jerroedr Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    hey man. welcome to cm, the thing your talking about is one of those known bugs that the developer (cvcps) is working on figuring out.

the fix for it, that is basically the work around until it gets fixed, that or rebooting.

however, usually after a phone call is comes back for me, and it rarely doesnt. ill lose it randomly though which is more frustrating. still love it and use it every day though

3. pdroid

pdroid Silver Member

Ratings:
    +7
    I actually never had this problem until I decided to wipe my phone and install 7.0.3, and then after a phone call 3G would not come back (I'm talking hours). It was this among some other issues that sent me back to Sapphire. If CM7 can eventually achieve the same level of stability I'll switch back.

4. zerosouls

zerosouls Soulless Droid Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is really a gingerbread problem with the D1. Hopefully CVPCS can fix this, he is working really hard on it... but even if he does fix it, it might not work for everyones phone since it's such a deep rooted issue... we'll see

5. CaptainCaveMan

CaptainCaveMan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies guys!

It's nice to know that I'm not the only one with this. I tried doing a search, but I guess I searched for the wrong terms. Hopefully it does get fixed, because I'm really enjoying this rom. I've had a lot of bad ones recently and to tell the truth, I'm getting a tad bored with trying new ones. Be nice to find one really good one and stick with it.

6. dustdiesel

dustdiesel New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having this exact same issue. I have had it since installing CM7, months ago. It is getting far too annoying. Does anyone have a fix? If not what is a good, easy alternative to CM7?

Turning off my Data, Rebooting or going into Airplane mode after phonecalls is the only thing that works. I have also tried the *22899 and *228 that are mentioned on other sites without any success.

Search tags for this page
3g signal after hang up
after i make a call my phone loses reception
loosing signal when making acall
my android phone loses signal when i make a phone call

my phone loses signal when i make a call

phone loses signal after call

phone loses signal while calling
signal lost when making calls
when i make a call i lose signal

why does my phone lose signal when i make a call