Signal Issues

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
i had posted in another thread how my phone bars would switch from say 3 to 1, but meanwhile in the phone status, the phone would be at the same dbm. something is up.

today my partner and i drove down on the parkway in jersey. his droid 2 showed no network available, right where the turnpike hits the parkway, a great signal area. he couldn't make a call for 30 seconds. meanwhile my droid 2 showed 3-4 bars of 3g.

today he had 2 calls go right to vm. then we went to the verizon store in Totowa right on the highway to see the Droid x. in the store his droid2 had 3g and good bars, meanwhile my droid 2 went into 1x for 30 seconds or so.

later on driving down the highway near a verizon store, my phone was back in 1x again where i always have plenty of 3g.

something is wacky here. of course when i called they said take out the battery for 30 seconds, update the prl then see what happens. we'll see for a couple of days.

we switched to verizon for the network, since we are starting a business that relies on our mobile network we wanted the best - if this is not fixed we will go elsewhere.

OP
I

idiotekniQues

Reaction score
got a replacement phone today. same issues with signal meter being way off from dbm. let's see if it loses 3g and goes to 1x for stretches of time even when in a good 3g area. today my first phone went to 1x for 20 minutes outside the mall where a verizon store is.

HirolMalt

Reaction score
I returned my Droid 2 today: its signal flipped out a few times for no reason in decent signal areas. One time I was with a friend who had the Droid and tested the browsers on both... the Droid 1 stayed in 3G where my Droid 2 chugged through rendering a web page in 1X. That sealed the deal: I'm not keeping the phone.

I'll wait and see about this phone. I did not feel like going through the process of being a beta tester on finding out what's wrong with this phone (I've already done this with the Tour last year, and do not wish to repeat the experience).

Last edited:

spdivr1122

Reaction score
its happened a couple times to me but it comes back really quick. its not even that serious of an issue i would never replace it and risk getting a refurbished junk phone