Signal issues with my droid 1

pego99

Reaction score
When at home my signal fluctuates all over the place but when I make a call my 3G signal goes away and the vertical bar display drops to 1 bar. I am running 2.2 frg01b. I have updated the roaming list with no improvement. My phone is rooted so I don't want to update to frg22 but I get frequent nagging from vz. I have thought about trying a new custom rom but I am not sure if that will help. I also have considered installing a rooted frg22 rom. Anyone have a problem like this and know of a solution?​

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have been experiencing signal issues as well the past few days and I know several other members have been experiencing the same thing. I was just outside and experiencing a crazy signal. Seems to be a widespread "issue"

As far as the 3G symbol disappearing when making a call thats normal. 3G represents data. CDMA devices on VZW's network doesn't allow for voice and data at the same time.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Installing one of the many rooted FRG22D ROMs out there might help because FRG22D changed the drivers and software for the GPS and WiFi, so who knows what it might do for you. :)

Besides, it's usually a good idea to be running the latest software anyway.

Custom ROMs at this point are mostly running 2.2.1, and I can tell you it's smoother and faster on most phones (mine included) than earlier 2.2 builds.