Signal issues with 6.1.2

Discussion in 'Cyanogenmod' started by Jonpwn, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Jonpwn

Jonpwn New Member

A few weeks ago I updated my phone to cyanogen mod 6.1.2 with the attentive and wonderful help of furbearingmammal. However I think i've bothered him enough, so i'll ask here in hope that some other users may have had the same problem and know of a solution.

My droid 1 is running CM 6.1.2. Ever since the installation of CM, i've been getting periodic signal loss. My phone will show 2 bars, hovering between -94dBm to -92dBm. Most of the time it will be in 1x, although some times it will be in 3g. During this time, if i try to make a call, my phone will display the calling screen, however there is no call timer and no dial tone. If i try to hit the "end call" button, it doesn't really end. The call icon will still be in my notification bar, and even if i go to the homescreen, hitting the call icon in the notification bar will bring me back to the call screen as it was before, displaying the contact's name and such. I also cannot send of receive text messages.

I try to enter airplane mode, similarly it will be as if airplane mode was activated (i will then have the option to turn airplane mode off although it doesn't seem like it was ever on in the first place). Two bars of signal will still show in the notifcation bar. I have tried reboots and battery pulls. When the phone boots up again, I will be in airplane mode with "radio off", at which point i turn airplane mode off, and my phone will be back to normal for a few more hours.

When my phone enters the aforementioned problem mode, if I go outside it will stay this way, even though i should be getting close to perfect signal. I have poor signal in my house, but I most places i go within the house, i can make a phone call. I've been at home for the past month before school starts so i do not know if my phone will act differently in a different environment.

FBM has advised that I reflash the rom and wipe the delvik cache, both of which I did. The problem ceased to occur after a few days of reflashing, however it has come up again at least twice a day.

Has anybody experienced this before and is there any way to rectify this problem without doing a complete wipe and reinstallation of CM?

and sorry for the reallllly long read
  2. bemenaker

bemenaker New Member

When was the last time you did *228 option 2 to update your roaming? I just did this last week and mine is getting much better reception.
  3. Jonpwn

Jonpwn New Member

i did it within 3 days before creating this thread.
    It's okay though, I bit th ebullet and reinstalled Cyanomod (didn't want to wipe my settings and all my text messages)
    So far it's been okay, no signal problems anymore.
  4. Tallie

Tallie New Member

Hi Jonpwn,

I experienced this before, but it began BEFORE I rooted my moto droid, and BEFORE I installed CyanogenMod.

My phone works in certain areas of town (including the verizon store, where all they were willing to do was a test call to me); it does not work at home, where it used to work, previously (in big city with lots of towers and area of low buildings). When it does not work, it can receive and send emails, browse internet, but not make or receive calls, and not make or receive SMS. Signal strength is strong, and 3G.

Since I had nothing to lose, phone is out of warranty, I decided to root and install custom ROM. Before rooting, I factory reset and wiped, did battery pulls, etc.

Rooted and installed Cyanogenmod, sucessfully, seemingly, with superuser permissions and Titanium Backup.

Still having the problem, which leads me to believe it has something to do with either my phone being unable to connect to the cell tower closest to my apt, or the wifi, which is always left on (could my phone be registering it, even if wifi turned off on phone, and then interfering with dialing?) Is my baseband file corrupt? I have the correct one, C_01.43.01P, with android 2.2.1, Mod ver CyanogenMod 6.1.2-Droid, build number FRG83D.
  5. Jonpwn

Jonpwn New Member

I would get nothing. no calls, no text, no internet, i don't think wifi worked either. But it only happened after i installed cyanogen for the first time. it was fine for the short period of time after i rooted my phone and installed cyanogen.
    It happened one time since i installed cyanogen mod a second time. It has been okay for now, so perhaps trying to reinstall cyanogen again would help you out.