signal bars

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by werre300, Jun 28, 2012.

1. werre300

werre300 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    All of my other co-workers with phones on verizion have full bars mine always stays on 2 bars on my droid 4 even when i go outside. Not sure what this is or what to try.

2. schatzy62

schatzy62 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Signal bars are not a very good comparison of the actual signal that you are receiving and each manufacturer has a different formula for calculating how many bars correspond to a specific signal strength. The only real way to verify is to read the actual signal level the phone says it is receiving in -dBm.

There are a number of apps or widgets in the play store that can show this to you easily.

Or you can go to Settings > About Phone > Status > Signal Strength. this will show you what the phone is actually receiving for signal. Not all phone brands have this available this way. but check with your co-workers and see if they can see it of download an app that shows it and see what they are getting compared to what you get. It will vary a little but should be within about 5dBm if you are standing next to each other.

Search tags for this page
what does & x over services bars mean
what does a x on my signal mean
what does an axe above my single strength mean
what does an x over the signal bar mean
what does it mean when there is an x above the signal bars o
what does the x mean on my signal bar
what does x over signal bars mean

x above signal bars

x on signal bars

x over signal bars