1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

signal bars

Discussion in 'Droid 4 Tech Support' started by werre300, Jun 28, 2012.

1. werre300

werre300 New Member

All of my other co-workers with phones on verizion have full bars mine always stays on 2 bars on my droid 4 even when i go outside. Not sure what this is or what to try.
  2. schatzy62

schatzy62 New Member

Signal bars are not a very good comparison of the actual signal that you are receiving and each manufacturer has a different formula for calculating how many bars correspond to a specific signal strength. The only real way to verify is to read the actual signal level the phone says it is receiving in -dBm.

There are a number of apps or widgets in the play store that can show this to you easily.

Or you can go to Settings > About Phone > Status > Signal Strength. this will show you what the phone is actually receiving for signal. Not all phone brands have this available this way. but check with your co-workers and see if they can see it of download an app that shows it and see what they are getting compared to what you get. It will vary a little but should be within about 5dBm if you are standing next to each other.
Search tags for this page
what dies it mean when i have an x over my bars on my phone
what does & x over services bars mean
what does a x on my signal mean
what does an axe above my single strength mean
what does an x over signal bars mran
what does an x over the signal bar mean
what does it mean when my signal has a x over it
what does it mean when there is an x above the signal bars o
what does the x mean on my signal bar
what does x over signal bars mean
why is x above signal bars